Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Renault Clio 53 plate 1.2 16v Extreme 5 door.

I have the airbag and service light come on, i also have the fog light on the dash come on when indicating or reversing!

Things i have done

checked and cleaned plugs under passenger and drivers seat, wiring looks fine, checked both sill crash protectors, plugged in an obd scanner and i have no errors!

Fog light bulb works fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Hi

Ok

the air bag and serv light ore one issue (1)

the fog light is a separate issue. (2)

(1) Do you have a scratchy noise when turning the steering wheel from lock to lock ?

(2) the rear light units are earthing out via the fog light, remove each light cluster and unclip the wiring harness and give the connections both sides inside a clean, particularly any that appear to have corrosion. Use a piece of emery cloth or thin sand paper etc (Don't use any thing metallic like a file or you could short circuit something by accident) !

Al

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
If its like a scratching noise the clock spring has gone and needs a new one there is also a guy on ebay who repairs them with a guarantee and a quick turnaround

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
If its like a scratching noise the clock spring has gone and needs a new one there is also a guy on ebay who repairs them with a guarantee and a quick turnaround
Hi

you got there before me !

ok the rear lights

have found a photo I took for another 'client' with similar issues.

you need to clean the contacts and if you 'carefully' adjust the terminals indicated they will make a better contact.

As you will be needing something metal to do this either disconnect the battery or ensure ign off doors closed not locked
before venturing in there.

Al

Attachments

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,702 Posts
the best things I have found for cleaning out contacts like these are Emery Boards, either steal them from your wife, girlfriend, sister or mother, or buy yourself some, under a pseudonym of course

Emery Boards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Passenger side light plug was slightly melted! cleaned up and plugged back in, drivers side light plug was dirty so did the same.

airbag and service light come on when i move the steering wheel while stationary, possible clock spring?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,702 Posts
you didnt say whether the cleaning of the plugs fixed the rear light issue :wink2:

and if the fault appears when you move the steering wheel I am fairly sure it must be the clock spring, but someone with more knowledge than me may correct my assessment

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,545 Posts
:iagree:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts