Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Went to start my R-Reg Clio (1.4RN, just incase the letters actually mean something) last week, only to find it had a flat battery (no warning, but then I hadn't driven it for over a week). The nice AA chap jump started me and I drove it straight to a garage where I got the battery replaced.

However, since then the alarm/immobiliser/central locking (all seem interconnected to me) doesn't seem to work properly. Often the alarm doesn't reset correctly on locking - so the alarm goes off, or sounds intermittently and then it takes several tries to switch off and reopen the car. Then when I press the key fob there's just a sort of clicking and the car won't lock and unlock to reset the immobiliser.

So far, if I keep persisting eventually it seems to reset in the end, but far from ideal (and the neighbours are just loving me!!!) Wondering if the flat battery could have caused the fault to develop somehow (or maybe vice versa - could someting shorting out have possibly run the battery down...?)

Actually quite loathe to go near the car at the moment, but any suggestions for anything I (or my slightly more capable boyfriend) could try in the 3 weeks until payday, which is the earliest I'll be taking it to the garage.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll give it a try

Ottoman,
Thanks for your reply - I did take a scan through the FAQs and though none seemed to be quite the same problem, I've made a note of a couple of things that could possibly be a variation on a theme... I'll get my other half to check some of them out this weekend...

Oh and my apologies if I started this thread in the wrong place...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks

Working through the list of possibles I unclipped the plastic housing for the remote sensor in the car - and water poured out... Dried it out and it seems to behave, so will attack the aerial and sunroof with some sealant before it starts raining again.
Many thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts