Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 15" Alloys off a Mk2 Clio fit on the Mk2 Clio Alize ? At the moment we have Standard 14" Steelies which are missing wheel trims.

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
A couple of tips for you; (well, three actually):rolleyes:
  • invest in a set of locking wheel nuts/bolts
  • get a set of alloy wheel nuts/bolts (preferably from whom you are getting the wheels from) as this will prevent advanced corrosion setting in which can seize them in place
  • apply a bit of grease to the wheel hub & the threads of the nuts/bolts before fitting (makes it a bit easier the next time you remove them)
Remember to fit tyres with the same (or very close to) rolling circumference as those you are removing - otherwise your speedo and gearing will be affected.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
My tyre size is 185/55/15 and i have used no spacers at all.

No srubbing on full lock or catching anywhere. Standard suspension atm. I'll let you know how it fits after lowering it 40mm.

Barry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blimey they fetch a fair old Price on EBay !

I got some 16" Focus Alloys with 3 new Tyres and 1 not so good one for half the price of the genuine Clio ones are going for.

Looks just as cheap to go buy some aftermarket Alloys and Tyres - Anyone know best place to get 15" Alloys from ??

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
There is a set of Clio alloys for sale int he "for sale" Section of this forum, a bit of curbing but for £70 cant complain.

As for the alloys wheels, Use google and have a good look around.

I'll dig some out tomorrow and post back.

Barry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another Set just went for £285 on E Bay !

There are a fair few for £300 inc Tyres from Motorworld but there a a few Tyre places by me which sell them so may as well have a look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts