Independent Renault Forums banner

alpine cd changer cartridge jammed!!

14K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ladybirdscot 
#1 ·
hi all, the first time in ages today i switched from radio to cd, it started playing from where id left it last time i had it on, i went to switch cd's when i get the error message on dashboard, then the cd cartridge wont even come out now, is there any quickway of prying it out at all, i dont fancy removing/dismantling etc etc, thanks for any help

#2 ·
is it a dash or boot multi cd changer?
have you tried pulling the fuses or disconnecting the battery to cold start reboot it? (make sure you have the code handy before doing this!)

#3 ·
thanks for the reply, its under the drivers seat, when i press the green button to release the cartridge it makes a noise then nothing happens, something like this happened before and like a dork i got it out by keep pressing things and pushed it back in, ive a suspiscion that its one certain cd out of the six in there causing the problem

#4 ·
yeah there is probably one cd thats slipped and is caught against the spindle.
really not sure what to do, i have similar multichanger, but mine is ok, and unloaded.
they dont have a reset or manual force eject button on them.
bad design really.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice, when I had ten mins at work I took the whole thing out and discovered tray 4 was jammed while it was playing, even with all screws took out we couldn't get in inside it so managed to drag it back into the cartridge with 2 Stanley blades, what a game, thanks anyway

#6 ·
I have exactly the same problem with mine! I asked a friend and the first thing he said was 'have you had the battery out since you last used it? It might need the code putting in again.'

I thought it was a good point as I had had the battery out and I had to reset the radio. I'm just looking for a solution on here as to where I get my cd changer code and if I get it, how do I put the code in. I haven't got any sort of manual for the stereo, have you?

UPDATE: I've just noticed all the replies to your post! (Past the adverts etc) So there really isn't a reasonable solution to this then?

#7 ·
if its the same changer thats in my v reg clio then it is possible to sort it out, with the door slid open you can see the cartridge, if you look just to the right of the cartridge you should see that one of the six trays is out of the cartridge and still in the cd player, unfortunately its this that wont return back to the cartridge, hence the jamming. what i did was get two things that are small but flat headed, like screw drivers or tweezers, get one in each hand, then push against the tray and push the tray into the cartridge, hold it then use your other flat head item to pull it back a bit more, hold it then use the other etc etc, take your time cause if you let it go the whole thing shoots back into the cd player and you need to start again, i removed the whole changer from my car to do it but i imagine you could manage it without doing that, hope that helped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.