Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, its time to add stuff to my new laguna.

I have a 2ch amp that will drive either 1 or 2 10" subs in the boot. Plan on puting some component speakers in the front and replace the rear door speakers. Have an equaliser to control the subs as only want a little bass.

Problem is I cant figure out where to get the mains from battery into the main cabin area? On my old lag it was through a grommit in the FW, but I cant see any where to bring it in.

Someone must have done this already so can anyone help at all?

·
Registered
48 Posts
there's a few options when doing this:
-as you said go through grommets
-follow the fuse box
-drill your own hole.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still struggling

Hey all,

Been a while since I have been on. thought I would give a little update since have had the car now for 4 months.

Still runs great, think EGR needs a clean but scheduled for when 1st service comes up beginning of October.

Had this horible vibration at very low revs that made its self known when lifting foot clean off the pedal, really noisy, and sounded like some plastic vibrating.

After looking, looking more, and looking again with car up on jack, could not see a thing, so decided to get my 7 year old daughter to push the pedal slightly and low and behold it was the little plastic air intake pipe that runs from behind the headlight to the air filter box. The join was loose as the screw which simply goes through the plastic was bare.

Replaced screw for slightly larger one to allow same hole to be used and it started whistling, lo, but vibration had gone, so adjusted it further to pull the connecting plastic tighter together and its gone, I am so pleased now, it does not make any noise at all.

Moving on, Amplifier.

I have not made any progress on this at all, I have tried several times but cant seem to find any way to get into the engine bay, and if I did it would be so low down that I would need to remove half the engine compatment to be able to get at any cable feeds.

I cant believe that not a single person in this forum has installed an amplifier to a Laguna II model, surely someone must know the best way to do this.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Let me know how you get on as I can't for the life of me get my amplifier to work without massive amounts of interference!!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Hi, a mate has a massive install in his Lag II but it's an auto. Initially he used the grommet where the clutch cable would've been had it been a manual, but since his upgrade the guys who installed it for him have used a grommet beside the wiper motor. If you remove the cover over the wiper motor he says you'll see it. It comes thru the bulkhead behind the glovebox.
He's gonna send me a pic tomorrow which I'll stick here to help you.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not from me am afraid, still not been able to figure it out, hell cant even figure out how to get the glove box out at this time. Removed screws from side of dashboard next to glove box and also the star screw inside the glove box but it wont shift.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Let me know how you get on as I can't for the life of me get my amplifier to work without massive amounts of interference!!
check the phono plugs are fitted correctly and that they are in the correct phono pre-outs(this could be the main cause)

try locating your wires and moving them away from other wires as this is normally the cause as people tape the power leads to other cables,or check for frying cables,try fitting a noise supressor

if this is ok and you still have a problem locate the earth lead to an earth point closer to the amp(if its in the boot area then try putting the earth in the boot) and secure it down to good earth point

if your still getting it try another amp as your amp could be faulty:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts