Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The long and short of it is basically i wish i'd never got a Laguna! after getting it last August i've had nothing but problems with it, some niggly things and some not so. The last straw was this morning when i was having the gearbox oil changed because changing gear sounded rough as hell, the mechanic got a tray under the car expecting a flood of old oil, what he actually got was a cup full of 'brassy' goo. I looked at him and knew this wasn't good, as he was putting in the fresh oil it began leaking from the 'inner drive shaft boot'??? and he explained to fix that is going to be minimum 2 hours work for a rubber ring, somebody please give me a reason why i should keep it and not sell it for a new shape Vectra or Mondeo. I'm at my wits end with it and even a day after i decided to spend £620 at Renault for a service and cambelt it goes and does this to me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No oil light has been on, the service and cambelt were due to be done on Monday at the local Renault garage, the service book i got with the car said the last one was done in July last year so it was round about now for the next one. Its just under 60k so the cambelt is due now, i'm wondering if its worth it or should i trade it in for something else?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Sorry to hear of more problems with your Laguna, You dont know what damage has being caused to the gearbox running so low on oil, If you are really unhappy with your car I would trade it, Tho someone might get the benefit of all the work you have done on it.. but there again there might be more problems ahead.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear of more problems with your Laguna, You dont know what damage has being caused to the gearbox running so low on oil, If you are really unhappy with your car I would trade it, Tho someone might get the benefit of all the work you have done on it.. but there again there might be more problems ahead.

Regards

Ottoman
Yeah the mechanic suggested that, if the gearbox has been running so low on oil it could have caused lasting damage to the gearbox. Aside from the gearbox issue theres still a problem with the brakes and the rear bushes need replacing shortly....think i'll get rid.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Probably for the best.. If you change from Renault stay on the Forum as you can still offer advice and share your thoughts on your new vehicle with us.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably for the best.. If you change from Renault stay on the Forum as you can still offer advice and share your thoughts on your new vehicle with us.

Regards

Ottoman
I will, i've learnt quite a lot about Renaults in the eight months i've had mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts