Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that one of our group lost her battle with cancer.

Andrea was our first female supermoderator, and brought a real flair to the forum.

She owned a Renault Megane Coupe (the first-gen model), in yellow, then sometime after she traded that in for a Fiesta, she drifted from the forum, but we remained in contact via facebook.

I followed her battle with cancer some years ago, and found joy that she had beaten it.

Then only a few weeks ago, she announced that she had been diagnosed with incurable brain cancer and was about to undergo radiotherapy in order to give her as much time as possible.

After a few days of not hearing from her on my newsfeed (and presuming that perhaps the treatment had left her drained), I looked earlier this afternoon, only to find that she had in fact, passed on.

It is a shock, and I am still as stunned as I'm sure you will be too.

Time is a very finite commodity, and she fought a very brave, hard battle for hers.

My only regret is that we never had time to actually meet in person, but what we contribute to online, is just as meaningful and valuable, nonetheless, and is no more transient as a result.

RIP Andrea, you were a good friend to the forum, and to so many of us reading this, including myself.

You won't be forgotten.

Paul

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,555 Posts
Though we have never met, we shared a love/hate relationship with Renault's otherwise you would not have found a home of friends in this forum.

:angel:God Rest Your Soul, Sleep well, for the Forum is in good hands :angel:

·
Administrator
21,616 Posts
Oh no. :crying:.

RIP Andrea.

Just goes to show how fragile life is and that we must cherish every moment with our family, loved ones and friends.

I will never forget her either. I still fondly remember the warm welcome from her when I was asked to join the mod team back in 2007.

We almost met once at a meet at the Renault F1 headquarters in Enstone, but alas it wasn't to be. Something that I was gutted about at the time and even more so now.

Thanks for letting us know Paul.

Edit. I just raised a glass for Andrea. Hope you all will too. :(

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,412 Posts
We are all on limited time but as we get older you begin to realise how short life is even with good health its short but as in Andrea her life she was cut short thro a terrible illness and this is when life sucks.

My advice is but you shouldn't need telling, do what you can whilst you can and enjoy it if you can.

Respect.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I met Andrea through this forum and become very good friends, discovering that she lived local to me and that I had gone to high school with her cousin!

In 2014 I started a tyre fitting company and she became a good customer, even more so when I became a mobile tyre fitter in Merseyside.

I became good friends with her partner Richie too, replacing tyres on his car too.

So to find out a couple days after seeing her last Facebook post, that she had passed away was a shock to all her friends and family.

Andrea was a lovely, kind and caring person who had a zest for life. When first diagnosed with cancer she drew up a bucket list and I'm glad to say she completed it with the help of many of her friends.

She was an inspiration to other cancer sufferers at St Helens Hospital, and always made time to chat to them.

I met up with Richie a couple of days ago to repair a puncture on his car and chat about Andrea. He mentioned the funeral is on 10th April if anyone from the Forums would like to attend. The family have requested no flowers, just a donation to her local favourite charity.

RIP Andrea xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts