Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, 1.9 dci dynamique spec with climate pack - sunroof and climate.

Changes -

• Painted Calipers
    Silver/grey rubstrips
Planned changes -
  • Xenon headlamp and wash

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
looking good andy m....now thats wot i class as silver

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
looking good!

How much did you pay for the clear/smoked side repeaters?

I can find them for about £20 a pair, I think Renault want about £18 each!!!

£20 is a bit much for me to warrant spending on them. They improve the look of the car, orange is so early 90s!

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
looking good!

How much did you pay for the clear/smoked side repeaters?

I can find them for about £20 a pair, I think Renault want about £18 each!!!

£20 is a bit much for me to warrant spending on them. They improve the look of the car, orange is so early 90s!
more to the point WHERE did you get them.ive hunting all over,even ebay havent got any

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
nice find torch dci...not E approved though...might still get them tho:devil:

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Ultimatestylin (g) . com,? sell them. Pretty sure they are E approved - they don't seem to have a website anymore, or at least not a proper one, you can only order over the phone.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi,
Thanks for the comments.

Smoked repeaters including all rubstrips were changed for ones off an 05 model (bumper pieces off an 03 reg sport tourer) as you know the facelift ones were clear and i also gained the shiny engine number pieces. Both of these were found in salvage places, my friend owns a mill in chorley which had the 05 plate one in as a write off (all front end caved in) and the sport tourer was found at a breakers in Preston. Cost me £25 however but it seemed worth it.
I scoured Ebay to no luck, so was extremely lucky when i came across the ones I had, i'll say something though, they make a HUGE difference to the look, much more stylish, i think orange looks horrid on modern sophisticated cars, same with the black.

Remember, you'll also need orange repeater bulbs too ;)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
:)
easy to change andy? (the side repeaters)
had a look at changing the front indicator bulbs from orange to silvatec until i saw what was involved :(

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Xenon headlights and pop up washers are a very expensive retro fit as to keep the car legal you would also need to fit the self levelling hesdlamp system.

you would be lucky to buy these in good working order from a breakers.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Side repeaters are very easy. Quickest way is a flatblade between that and the rubstrip from underneath, you are aiming to press a tab in, then it will release from the bottom, you then need to do the same from the top and out it comes, twist the bulb holder and it will free.

Easier way is to remove the full rubstrip and pop it out from behind

1 - 20 of 31 Posts