Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am driving my sisters car at the moment, which is the d4f engined clio.
Recently it had new coil spark plugs, cambelt waterpump and full service, done by me using genuine parts.
However as normal with these cars it has idle issues.

Basically when my sister had it the car broke down once, the throttle body was cleaned and some connectors were aparently bent round to give them better contact.
The ECU wires are not rubbed through, I have checked this.
Now the car seems lumpy when cold/warm idling, and occasionally almost cuts out.
When the car is hot it is fine.

If I hold the revs around 1500rpm they fluctuate up and down about 200rpm, and I cannot get them steady.
Power seems fine at the moment but sometimes the car just feels flat and weak.
Does this sound like a sticking throttle body again or possibly a blocked charcoal canister?
Car is a 2003 1.2 16v and has 40k mileage, serviced by me every 5k with 5w40 synthetic so should be in good condition enginewise.
Thanks
Will

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes fine when its hot idling(stays on 500rpm which sounds low but seems happy), though it still varies its revs up and down if I hold the accelerator at one point. Also it does sometimes feel flat when its warm, not all the time though.
Only does the lumpy low idle when its warming up.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The 500 rpm idle is low - should be closer to the 650 - 700 mark.

It could be due to a number of things.

Check the inlet system for signs of oil contamination and air leaks.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked again, and the idle is 750rpm, was reading the counter wrong. Guess I will have to get the throttle body off. Is it difficult to take off, I haven't managed to find a guide anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts