Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Megane DCI 130bhp 55 plate run around I use for work. Recently it's started getting a flat spot for a second when you start to accelerate.

Usually around 2k and in all gears, more noticeable in 5th/6th.

If I am accelerating hard through the gears it will only do it initially in the gear you start with.

I know the EGR is a common problem with dci engines, so I will strip this down at the weekend, but like on my old Rover 75 CDT (which suffers from maf problems) If I disconnect the maf all these flat spots disappear.

So do I do I assume the maf is the problem?

Also I get no white, blue, or black smoke, no hissing to indicate split IC pipe, mpg runs around 45mpg, and there are no oil leaks around turbo area.

Thanks in advance :cool:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Disconnecting the MAF sensor is not a good way of testing it. When disconnected the ECU goes into default mode (not the same as limp mode) and overules many of the engine sensors.

Start by cleaning the EGR valve and take it from there.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnecting the MAF sensor is not a good way of testing it. When disconnected the ECU goes into default mode (not the same as limp mode) and overules many of the engine sensors.

Start by cleaning the EGR valve and take it from there.:)
Thanks for the quick reply :cool:

This is the EGR valve my Megane uses, going by the design I am guessing it's not going to be easy to clean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/08-RENAULT-ME...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255f63dbe9

I have already oredered a Maf, only a cheap one to see what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to update so others can see if they have the same problem, it was the Maf. Car runs great now.

However then I got home from testing the car after fitting the Maf I heared a loud hissing noise coming from the rear, it turned out to be a big stone wedged into my new tyre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sods law...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts