Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I have uncovered another problem on this car I've just bought (Laguna II 2.2dci). my offside dip beam stopped functioning, checked fuses and decided that a new bulb was in order.

Went to fit the D2R bulb and the rear cover was missing (the one in the image below), there was also a fair bit of water inside the lamp. (sits right next to windscreen reservoir!)

Lamp taken out and everything dried off, new bulb fitted lamp reinstalled and all works perfectly!

I need to get a replacement cover to stop this occurring again, anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
My neighbour has had the same problem and finding a replacment cap has been difficult. He has kept his eye open around scrappies and body shops but no succes yet.
As a temporary measure and using the bottom end of crcular plastic ice cream tub plus some duct tape he has been able to fashion a temporay cover.:)

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
If only I could find a display:confused:
No worries.
Display for what? Radio? Sat-nav? Air conditioning unit? Instrument panel?

At least the bog standard radio display seems to be flourishing on eBay. Look for one that's meant for models from 2001 to 2004.

If it's the air conditioning's display, you're better off getting a whole module off the scrappy or eBay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its the info display I need, I have the turn by turn navigation system which has a very specific display that matches up to it.

The one I need has no holes on the front to set the clock and has only two connectors on the rear.

Part number : 8200217443

looked everywhere, its like trying to find hens teeth!

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
Its the info display I need, I have the turn by turn navigation system which has a very specific display that matches up to it.

The one I need has no holes on the front to set the clock and has only two connectors on the rear.

Part number : 8200217443

looked everywhere, its like trying to find hens teeth!
Ah! the one that's about the same height as the regular info display for card without nav, but slightly narrower?
You've got the tire pressure monitoring in between the gauges instead?
Yeah, I can imagine it'll be a <lyrics not suitable for children and faint of heart> to find.

Keep an eye on eBay, something might come up when you least expect it, with a bit of luck. :)
Happy hunting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.