Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and thank you for all your contributions ,is a valuable resource to a diy mechanic!

The window (driver side )packed up again ,it had an aftermarket regulator (cube) after the original stopped working, and it worked for about 1 year.
Bought a new one (cube-ebay)and it works only one way (up or down ) depending how I connect the 2 wires.
I have bought another one ,that looks like the original so it fits in the original position ( and this one it works only up ).
I am tempted to buy a new front switch to eliminate a faulty switch probability (all the above cost about £10 each so don't mind buying them) ,but wanted to see if the problem might be somewhere else?!
Other symptoms I have are:
rear driver passenger window goes down from driver door only and up from rear door only
I noticed that the regulator motor (the metal bit that winds the window up and down goes extremely hot -almost impossible to touch- when all wiring is connected )
passenger front and rear windows work as they should including closing when double lock is activated from key fob
any ideas?

ps. from time to time it gives a "card not detected warning"
ps.1 blows lights every 2 months or so ,but I'm an expert in removing the battery by now and I shed skin like a snake so all good on that front...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right ,I have gone the route of checking the R2 connector under passenger seat ,and of course I have 4 loose wires which I soldered together and regain control of back windows .
I will probably do same with all of them just to be safe.
Still no joy with the drivers window....

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,455 Posts
With the comment on the hot motor I was going to suggest poor earth or connections... looks like you beat me to it.
As for the front, difficult to say, those cubes are churned out in the far east, quite possibly with little if any quality control.
A meter should confirm if the switch is doing what it should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts