Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with this?

About to bleed the Radiator etc and flush out, but can anyone tell me what the dilution rate is?

How much water to anti-freeze/coolant etc.

Many thanks

Allan

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi,do you have your hand book if so it will say under lubricates,water,coolant,i hope this helps Donald.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Donald

Says look at the service manual?? Gives me the oil etc, but not coolant dilution rate or amount the system can hold.

It's a Lag II 2.0 16V (not IDE) 52 plate

Allan

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Sorry can't find it,phone Renault and ask for the technical department and ask them iam sure they will help, i often do this all the best Donald.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried Renault, can't tell me unitl next week.

Anyone any ideas?

How much anti-freeze/coolant do I put in the system once drained?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Tried Renault, can't tell me unitl next week.

Anyone any ideas?

How much anti-freeze/coolant do I put in the system once drained?
Hi i have just came of the phone with Renault and it has to be Renault ready mixed and it take 7 litres and that is to allow for bleeding it for any 2002 F4R 2.0 16V Engine

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Typical of Renault to say it has to be from them ready mixed, so I end paying for water!!

Halfords do an Advanced Protection anti-freeze and summer coolant and it meets Renaults requirements (41-01-001) according to the bottle.

Allan

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Typical of Renault to say it has to be from them ready mixed, so I end paying for water!!

Halfords do an Advanced Protection anti-freeze and summer coolant and it meets Renaults requirements (41-01-001) according to the bottle.

Allan
Its up to you!!!i iam just telling you what they told me and the service guy did say do not use anti freeze. The anti freeze that you are seeing in Halfords might be for a earlier models so do watch out all the best Donald.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Not that I'm advocating using the 'wrong' product, but if you need to make up a 50:50 mix, the best way to ensure that you maintain this consistency is to pour some coolant into an empty 2 litre bottle until it is half full, top up with water until full, then pour into the expansion bottle (or radiator if it has a cap), keep doing this until the system is full, and all air locks expelled.

Obviously, if the mix has to be different, put markers on the bottle for 33:67, 25:75, etc, etc.

Paul:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts