Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2011 2.0D Laguna 175A which has been showing this fault and a good long thrash has not cleared it. My local (general) garage did a diagnostics test which came up with the following DF error codes:

899 - something Temp, 051 - Speed limiter, 304 EGR byepass, 272 EGR Valve command (I think, but struggling with his writing) 647 EGR -Valve jammed (?) shut, 778 -Turbo downsteam temp, 293 - Water in diesel and 092 - upsteam oxygen system.
The garage can only think of fitting a new EGR valve as you might expect, but here's the rub - the engine is running perfectly - no knocking on idling, no overheating, no loss of power or acceleration, etc, etc. and it had a full service and MOT 8 months ago. Surely some of these symptoms would be evident if the EGR valve was stuck?
Any help would be much appreciated.
With thanks, Dewisant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a 2011 2.0D Laguna 175A which has been showing this fault and a good long thrash has not cleared it. My local (general) garage did a diagnostics test which came up with the following DF error codes:

899 - something Temp, 051 - Speed limiter, 304 EGR byepass, 272 EGR Valve command (I think, but struggling with his writing) 647 EGR -Valve jammed (?) shut, 778 -Turbo downsteam temp, 293 - Water in diesel and 092 - upsteam oxygen system.
The garage can only think of fitting a new EGR valve as you might expect, but here's the rub - the engine is running perfectly - no knocking on idling, no overheating, no loss of power or acceleration, etc, etc. and it had a full service and MOT 8 months ago. Surely some of these symptoms would be evident if the EGR valve was stuck?
Any help would be much appreciated.
With thanks, Dewisant
I have the same messages on my dash on my Megane. Did you get any good responses yet? I am not used to these forums yet ?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have the same messages on my dash on my Megane. Did you get any good responses yet? I am not used to these forums yet ?
A whole bunch of faults like that is often caused by cascading, i.e. one fault generates the next one because the computer is confused.
Have you had an emissions test since these faults appeared.?
Is there enough oil in the gearbox, and does the car have a gear indicator?
P.S. I'm not a diesel expert, but I'm thinking there could be an electrical problem.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,026 Posts
What message

What year car , petrol Diesel, manual auto
You really are better creating a new post
Someone will move it to the correct area for you
But its Ask Experts, Scroll down to engines
Click, and create post

If struggling ask
Can be sure to say, a member on here will help you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts