Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from a new member needing help.

My 51 lag 2 estate is playing up again (nothing new there then), For a while the little spanner service indicator has been on, not wanting to pay the big boys loads of dosh to change oil, plugs ect, i did them myself. As I did not realise you could reset this ( should have found this forum before) I just ignored it. Well over the weekend as the mileage counter finally got to zero, lo and behold the annoying woman who lives in the dashboard pipes up "Anti pollution monitor faulty", and yellow warning light comes on. The car is running perfectly as far as I can tell. Is this just a coincidence or do Renaults do this on purpose so you have to take it in for them to charge for a test?
I have reset the mileage thing but she still speaks!!!.
Is there anything a mere mortal can do to reset this

Thanks for any advise :(

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
if you post up with your location, a member near you with a compatible OBD code reader might be able to help you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the reply,
Was out tonight and have done about 60 miles and guess what, yup, the dam thing seems ok now. The crazy woman has stopped talking to me and no yellow light?. You have probably seen this before, I know I have, Fault there one day and gone the next.

I still think that it will happen again as it is French.

Thanks again for your replies and will get back if it re occurs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts