Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,358 Posts
Lets not go there Most dogs can sh*t for England ( Other countries are available )
Daughter came up Saturday with her dog,
She stayed at my other daughters,,, Dog stayed ours ( Grand daughter allergic to dogs )
Yesterday put here her two weetabix down for her breakfast , did not eat them
Sunday dinner she only ate the meat, left her veg and roasts ..
daughter informed us. dog rarely eats breakfast now
And wont eat veg and potatoes
Effing waste of Veg 3 roasts and a yorkshire pudding and two bloody weetabix and hot milk

Reactions: istannbullu34

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,519 Posts
Border Collies are so changeable ... one day yes next day no next day yes again. (just like the wife :()
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
A fella here (guy from the US) got a border collie, like a year ago. The first few months perfect - clever dog and sweet and after some time the monster became destructive. He barks at everything, he digs everywhere and barks at everybody and all the time get rids of the leash or the dog cage. Collies seem to have lots of energy

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,358 Posts
Need lots of walking ,,
On a good day, they are ok with around 5 miles
On a bad day, take your oxygen tank with you

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,370 Posts
Working dogs like Border Collies need not only exercise but stimulation.
Else they get bored and find ways to amuse themselves.... usually ways that upset the owners.
Exercise alone doesn't necessarily give the stimulation, you can end up with a very fit but still bored dog.

Dat's a good looking pup Istan, training never starts too early BTW.... sit, wait, come, walking nicely on a lead and my favourite, down.
All with a few treats to encourage, part of a game, something they want to do.
If you are unsure how to do it, find a local dog training school so you can get some help.

The down command was one I used on all my dogs, one word (or shout at a distance) and the bu55ers would drop and wait for me (never call them out of a down, you go to them).
The advantage is that not only do you have remote control but that they are now lying down.... submissive, not seen as a threat by other dogs and not by people.
I've only ever had big dogs, it is important to be in control of them, not them of you.

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Working dogs like Border Collies need not only exercise but stimulation.
Else they get bored and find ways to amuse themselves.... usually ways that upset the owners.
Exercise alone doesn't necessarily give the stimulation, you can end up with a very fit but still bored dog.

Dat's a good looking pup Istan, training never starts too early BTW.... sit, wait, come, walking nicely on a lead and my favourite, down.
All with a few treats to encourage, part of a game, something they want to do.
If you are unsure how to do it, find a local dog training school so you can get some help.

The down command was one I used on all my dogs, one word (or shout at a distance) and the bu55ers would drop and wait for me (never call them out of a down, you go to them).
The advantage is that not only do you have remote control but that they are now lying down.... submissive, not seen as a threat by other dogs and not by people.
I've only ever had big dogs, it is important to be in control of them, not them of you.
Thanks

Agree with the training part. I already started with those :) he successfully obeys sit, up, down and leave it. Not bad for 2 weeks I think.

I a little overreact for biting situation shouting loudly at him "hey!! leave it" because he also bites my daughter and she gets scared and in general he stops when I do it. Especially when he is so excited, like few people are around him and wanna play he loses his mind :) and bites all the time. I give my hand and let him bite and loudly try to say "hey it hurts" and push him slightly away, trying on that but looks like puppy bite is hard to get rid of.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts