Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im looking to buy a new shape megane (diesel), but after mooching about on the net im now in two minds wheatherto get one as the reviews are not really good!:eek:

A

·
0 Posts
Welcome To The Forum

Someone Will Surely Answer Your Question.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I'd forget about the reviews, just go try a test drive then make your own mind up.

A review is a bit like ordering a meal, when the meal finally arrives you always wish you'd had what someone else ordered.

Thinking about it, a woman is the same too.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
People always post negatives on the net, rarely positives.

Do as others suggest, test drive one for yourself.
As with any modern car, as long as it has a service history and you get at least 12mths warranty with it you should do ok.
No manufacturer has a problem free car, there are good and bad from all makes.
The advantage of buying a Megane is that they are not uncommon so you can aford to be choosy and get the model/spec etc you want.

The Laguna gets a lousy review as well. There are far too many Meganes & Lagunas on the road for them all to be bad.

We habe both a Laguna & a Megane and are pleased with them both.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that, its just when you here they keep cutting out with no reason, it scares me lol, that is a woman for you i always do that!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yep we have the new shape facelifted 2006 Megane. It is the cc versin but dash,engine etc are the same as in the hatchback/tourer etc.

We have had it 7 mths now and really pleased with it. Only done 4500 miles as its our second car, (the Laguna is the mile cruncher) so not really run in yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts