Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1997 2.0s rti laguna and was pulling off in first gear quite fast when it suddenly made a gringing noise so i thought it had popped out of gear so i put it into second gear but it made a horrible grinding noise, now i can select any gear, including reverse, but when i pull off it just grinds, will this be the layshaft bearing in the gearbox? there are complete gearbox's on ebay but dont know whether the 1.8 16v will fit or there is a 2.2 16v on there (i didn't know they did this model?!?)(or did they?) i am hoping i can just change the complete gearbox and be done with it, all help would be very much apprieciated, also while im here is it easy enough to drop out the old and replace with a new or not?

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi all laguna gearbox`s are not the same .what you need are the first six digits off of your gearbox it should be ( jc5 ***) if you match these then it should fit .you can also look at other renault models like scenic and megane .you should be looking for ones from a 2.0 or 2.2 i think most 1.8 have less splines.also match the colour of the end cap of the box
the colours are usually (green , black or white )

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Before you get a new gearbox are you sure you havn't broken just a driveshaft?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah dont think so dude but will check b4 i get 1 lol :) found the model number today real easy right on top of box red and green tag mine says JC5075. My mate thinks its the layshaft drive which is the "output" of the gearbox if i'm not mistaken? so now i have it on my drive we can start strippin lol cheers, Josh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts