Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i installed a sony head unit with the stalk adaptor, i got carcraft to fit the adaptor as i would have had to remove the dash and could be bothered tbh.

since ive fitted it, it has never saved the radio channels and alwasy throws the cd out as if i've just installed it or disconnected the battery. From this i think it might be a permanent feed problem. ive checked the wires and everything seems ok.
i've heard of poeple with saxo,106's having the same problem and swap 2 wires around. looking at it last night i couldn't see any wires which you could swap.
Anybody know how to sort this?
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It does sound like the permanent +ve and the ignition on +ve are the wrong way round.
If you're not sure about removing the cd player and changing over the wires then take it back to carcraft and let them sort it for you.
If you have a circuit tester or even just a test light, it's probably only a 5 minute job. You need to locate the 2 wires on the wiring harness between the cars existing loom and the cd player. Find the 2 with the +ve feeds, cut, swap over and rejoin them. I had to do this on my last cd player.

Hope this helps :d

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that you've just confirmed what i was thinking. i read a thread about connecting a bluetooth to a lag and this got mentioned (swapping ign and permanent feed)
so i'll let you know how i get on with it.

i've now got to remove the dash as i think ive knocked the connector at the back of the clock as ive lost all volume control now, and stalk.
i will be victorious :d

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ive managed to sort the memory problem out now, but had no luck with the volume control problem.
the remote doesn't work niether does the stalk or the volume control on the stereo.
what you do think this could be? all the connections look ok.
i think it might well be the actual box that comes with the stalk adapter.
got any ideas what it could be?
or if someone could find the wiring instrustions for one of these (sony to clio) as ive looked all over the net with no avail.
thanks for any help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Phil.
The memory issue is usually always a swap of the red/yellow wires in the harness, they usually have bullet connectors to allow for this.
The control problem seems very much like the one i had on my wifes car (03 scenic), when we fitted a different head unit. We fitted a Sony originally and now have a pioneer. In both cases within weeks the remote went wrong, maxing out on vol, or just not responding. Apparently the box that controls the units are very prone to static and heat. Both times i got a refund, and i have now convinced the wife to use the old manual method ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts