Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you may have noted a couple of weeks back that my Espace 3 dished out the indignity of leaking from a heater matrix, involving removal of the whole dash board.

It's not actually been in use for around 3 weeks now, fixed a week ago but I've not used it as I've been away since. The battery was flat, which was not entirely surprising due to it getting no driving for some time now.

Anyhow, today, first time on motorway, I can hear the box is not locking up in higher gears.

I'm aware that the lock-up is a function of oil temp. Is this a function that happens within the box, or is there some pesky wire that comes out of the box to a 'brain', then another back in to switch in the lock-up?

I'm just wondering if perhaps a cable/pin connection has not re-plugged properly, or something else to do with the dashboard removal?

Or it might be because the car had this 'brown-out' flat battery and the 'brains' have gotten confused. I have disconnected the battery and will reconnect in 30 mins time, maybe that will reset the electronics.

Hoping it is just an incidental 'gremlin' and will right itself.....? Any thoughts/info, most welcome...

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A half-hour disconnected battery made no difference. Still not locking up.

Would it make a difference if I disconnected it for a day? Some of the systems (e.g. heater controls) still held the previous user-inputted settings after 30 mins disconnect, so I guess the 'box's 'learned' features might still have been held.

There is no fault being flagged on the dash, so it would seem the 'box thinks it's working OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts