Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
for the last month my 1999 Laguna RT Auto has developed a problem when pulling away from standstill mainly. It seems exactly like the slipping clutch on a manual car,very low torque..This is only when the car has warmed up and been in town type areas, hasn't shown yet on a run. The autobox light comes on on the dashboard too. If I switch off and let it cool down a bit it's ok for a while again. I recently had the MAP sensor changed for a dfferent fault.
I'm worried this may be the fault to write the car off if too expensive..Any ideas guys? And thanks for reading.
Colin.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
1,691 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level? If its a DPO box you need to have it running in park or neutral then remove the smaller nut on the drain tube under the gearbox. Add more using the filler plug on top using a funnel with a long neck until it runs out below.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi guys,
I've had the car on diagnostics and it appears just to be a blip on the ecu....Since the fault appeared only twice and at the exact same spot at traffic lights next to a railway station (by Morrisons,Hereford), it seems likely, or at least possible, to be an electromagnetic pulse or some sort of interference affecting the car's ecu,maybe from the traffic lights,the railway station,the hospital opposite or the adjacent car wash. The fluid level was normal btw.
Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unusual automatic gearbox fault

Hi guys,
This is the continuing saga of the intermittent auto gearbox fault.. It's been on the diagnostic machine and showed a blip on the ecu but no definate fault.
This fault only ever occurs when stopped directly at various traffic lights for more than ,say, a minute or so. (Only at traffic lights).
The fault is an approx. 50% drop in torque when driving off, the engine can race but the car slowly moves off..It will stay that way until I switch the engine off and re-start it, it seems to reset and is fine then straight away..
The auto fluid level has been checked and is OK..Any ideas guys?...ECU picking up spikes/pulses maybe??
Thanks for reading anyway..
col.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts