Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

I help research the used car buying guides for Auto Express magazine and the next one I’ve been asked to do is on the Renault Clio Mk3. Therefore, I need to find a non modified car, which I can put into the studio to photograph for the piece.

Can you please get in touch with me if you’ve got a car that we can put in the studio – it needs to be a tidy example that hasn’t been modified. The spec doesn’t matter, but we can’t use black or white cars and I’d rather not have silver. There will only be studio photography of the car, so there will be no dynamic shots taken at all. Only you will drive the car and you can stay with it at all times.

Now comes the snag, due to the fact that I'm supposed to get these cars either from a dealer or a press office there is no fuel budget for the shot, which I know is not ideal at the moment, however what you do get in return is a full set of studio pics - worth about £400, and your car in a national magazine. With cars that have an active forum I always like to ask here first as an owner may value the pictures more than a dealer.

If you think you might be able to help, could you drop me a line please, either via this forum or direct to my email address ([email protected]) – attaching photos if possible.

You'll need to be able to give up a few hours to take your car to our studio in Derby or Beaulieu, Hampshire but our photographer will do his best to fit around you and the Derby one can work weekends if necessary.

Thanks for your time,
Vicky

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Vicky D am I right in thinking this is you? :think:

http://www.magiccarpics.co.uk/rates/index.php

Tariffs can get very messy elsewhere; you're charged according to how big the image is reproduced, how many people will see it, where it'll appear while all sorts of other variables are thrown into the mix. We don't mess about with long-winded calculations about what you pay to use an image - nobody pays more than £80 +VAT for an image for editorial use, and that's assuming it's across a cover or spread. Most buyers pay a fraction of this per image though, especially if several images are bought or pictures are purchased regularly.

If you're aiming to use our images commercially (such as for calendars, posters or advertising), the rates are higher, but they're still much more reasonably priced than elsewhere. Also bear in mind that some of the images on this website are not available for commercial use at all; as a general rule, anything from the Magic Car Pics archive is offered for editorial use only, but everything else can be used both editorially and commercially.

If you're after a load of images we can also arrange a bulk discount; even if you don't want lots of shots but you still can't afford our prices, get in touch and let's talk. We'll always try to help where we can, but remember we have to earn a living too!

When it comes to commissions, we can source a car and photograph it for you. A full studio shoot costs £300-£400, on top of which there may be owner's expenses. Location photography rates vary, but assume a daily fee of around £250 plus mileage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Hondo

Yes that is also me but as a freelancer I have various hats that I wear and I am bound by their rules. In this instance the budget doesn't allow for a fuel payment as the article is set up to use press fleets and dealership cars and fuel isn't paid. For another publication that I find cars for, they have a fuel budget of up to £100 which obviously makes everything a lot easier. I know that this isn't ideal and I'm not asking anyone to take their car who doesn't want to, but if there happens to be anyone in the Derby / Beaulieu area who has a few hours spare they may feel it's a decent swap for a professional photoshoot of their car which would ordinarily cost about £400. If I don't get a private owner for the shoot, in this particular instance I carry on speaking to dealerships until they get a Mk3 in that we can use but this will delay the publication of the buying guide or may cause it not to happen at all. We know from experience that owners are interested in having their cars photographed professionally so I just lay the cards on the table and see if anyone is interested. As I say I know it's not ideal but in this instance it is what I have to work with.

Thanks
Vicky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts