Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Auto Renault Grand Espace Dynamic is displaying a Brake Fault to the Handbrake. The message remains constant, although the car drives all as normal. Can Brake and return into park position, but warning remains. I have had diagnostics from a local garage and their advice is that a Replacement unit is required at a cost of £1100 + and Labour of around £300 !!! Do you think this is a correct Diagnosis ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 65 plate Kadjar. The 'Check parking brake' warning is displayed. The parking brake won't work whilst the car is running but comes on when I switch the car off.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,804 Posts
Replacement unit is required at a cost of £1100 + and Labour of around £300 !!!
Total rip off !!!
Assuming that a complete unit is needed, Price for kit from main dealers is less then £500.... labour about 2 hours so call it £200 at main stealers.
That is if the unit is failing.
Usual on the Grand Scenic and I assume the Grand Espace is that cables stick and need replacing.
Which never used to be available but are now as aftermarket units.... still not cheap but cables and labour shouldn't be above 300.
Could be as simple as sticky pads.

The Kadjar will be a different problem, that uses piggy back motors on each caliper, not a single central unit.
My guess would be sticky pads on that one.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Yep cost me £90- to DIY fix for a motor (£60) and one cable (£30) on 08 Grand Scenic - there's a place call bluechip autotronics - their website is Renault Parking Brakes | Parking Brake Repair they can do a postal fix if you get unit removed -I just bought parts over Phone and they told me how to fit for free! - mine took all of 10-15 mins to remove and same to refit repaired unit (if all bolts come undone 1st go) to repair unit yourself its a few hours first time - and about a hour if I had to do again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts