Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's no problem to manually add [email protected] to my startup folder, but do all the current versions *not* allow you to automatically start the program?

I can't see anywhere to configure this, and I was certain the old version allowed you to do this.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
None of the new clients I am using allow auto start up but 5.03 does, I seem to recall it all changed with 6.xx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to worry. I just thought I was missing something obvious. I 'll just bung a short cut into the startup folder.

Ta!

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I've never used Ver 6.23 but the console version looks like it can be configured in the same way that Ver 5.19 was, I could well be wrong though. :)

Installation (Console version)

Change advanced options (yes/no) yes

Launch automatically, install as a service in this directory (yes/no) [YES]?

I'm not sure, but I believe that unless you use either task manager for CPU load, or Fahmon as a monitor you may not be aware that FAH is even running.

More here Approx 2/3 of the way down the page

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I've never used Ver 6.23 but the console version looks like it can be configured in the same way that Ver 5.19 was, I could well be wrong though. :)

Installation (Console version)

Change advanced options (yes/no) yes

Launch automatically, install as a service in this directory (yes/no) [YES]?

I'm not sure, but I believe that unless you use either task manager for CPU load, or Fahmon as a monitor you may not be aware that FAH is even running.

More here Approx 2/3 of the way down the page
That works, I hadnt realised they had stopped it but I onle ever used the console version.

DOnt know if it still applies but it used to be that you needed to run one version per core from different folders on your system and i you did you needed to have different machine IDs for each version running. Hence I have a dual core Intel CPU with 2 versions of [email protected] running, one in C:\fah1 with machine id 1 and the 2nd in fah2 with id2.

It's using 100% on both cores when I look in Task Manager so if it isnt the new method it still seems to work!

Chances are that I'm teaching granny to suck eggs but it's worth repeating in case someone is only using one core and thinks they are at full whack :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts