Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a slight fluid leak on my auto transmission which I check and top up on a regular basis.I know that if the level is too low the gears will not change up.
Associated with this is that a orange light situated on the lower right of the dasboard panel always comes on when the ignition is turned on, but normally will go out after a few seconds when the engine is started.If it does not go out it usually means the level of the fluid is low. Also when this light is on then the gears will NOT change up. Once topped up the light goes out and gears act as normal.
This morning Light stays on, will not change up. Fluid level topped up but light will NOT go out when starting the engine and the gears will NOT change up.
I would be very grateful if some kind people could help me on this matter.
Regards
Pete

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a good chance that you have burnt out the forward clutch on the gearbox. Does it still go into reverse?

You can try, moving the gear shift slowly through the gears a couple of times to ensure the torque converter is full but I fear the worse.

When my gearbox went (exactly the same thing, oil leak followed by loss of drive) it was as I say the forward clutch and cost £600 to fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
auto transmission will not change

Have just gone down and tried it.

Reverse OK

Manual selection of First Second and Third all OK.
Any other Ideas chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts