Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i was hoping for a little advice on my 2004 1.8 laguna.the problems is with the transmission as i cannot move forward or reverse doesnt move at all and the engine revs fine.I have read things about driveshafts,diffs/complete box or brake band stuck any help would be grately appreciated.sorry just noticed ive posted in the wrong section of the forums would admin be kind enough to move to proper place thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all i was hoping for a little advice on my 2004 1.8 laguna.the problems is with the transmission as i cannot move forward or reverse doesnt move at all and the engine revs fine.I have read things about driveshafts,diffs/complete box or brake band stuck any help would be grately appreciated.sorry just noticed ive posted in the wrong section of the forums would admin be kind enough to move to proper place thanks again
what is showing on the dash when you move selector into drive does it high light it. the easyest thing to check is that the cable is still conected correctly onthe top of the gearbox.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
If the driveshaft is broken then when you engage drive the box should still work as normal IE it will change up gears car wont move obviously speedo might depending on where it is driven from does it sound like it changes gear as revs climb or does it just seem like neutral

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replys i have an update,had the car transmission scanned and 2 faults keep reaccuring they are df128 AT can connection and df131 auto trans convertor.now i think the df131 maybe the torque convertor but as for the df128 havnt got a clue any ideas gratefully recieved

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Sounds like there is no communication between the ecu and the auto box this could possibly stop drive At can connection will be something to do with can bus this is what the car uses to send and recieve signals from various parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts