Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to check the fluid level in a megane (1997) automatic gearbox? Haynes manual recomends using a special plug in diagnostic tool which I don't have and my local dealer wants an hours labour (£88.14) just to check the level and £16 a litre for the D2 fluid, I can buy a gallon for that!
Alternatively is there anyone in the Nottignhamshire/Derbyshire area who has access to a Renault XR25 test meter I can use to check the level?

Thanks for reading this.

Trevor (M1CXF)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I presume you do not have an ATF dipstick on your model. When the levels get low it should throw up the "AUTO" warning light on the dash, although this can be triggererd by other things.

There may be a plug at the front of the gearbox, halfway up. When you remove this, add ATF trough the plug until it starts to spill out, then replace the plug and the level should be about right.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Talking about auto fluid levels how do i check my espace there is a place where a dip stick can go but there is only a bung in there renault said they do not sel then any ideas please thankyou
tink2
thanks in advance john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts