Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Renault laguna Privilege from 2002, I just discover today that the car can automatically close all open windows and the sunroof.

But I tried to repeat the operation because it's quiet useful but I cannot, I tried two short press on the lock button and to deadlock the car but it doesn't work.

What's the proper action to close automatically those windows? And if it doesn't work all the time would it mean that the driver (main switch I suppose) is damaged and need replacing?

I have tried to reset the window switch by holding the two front window switches with the engine on.

And for you to know I have the rear driver window which despite being reset keep opening and closing by 1/2 inches at the time.

So again, is it the main driver switch to replace?

Many thanks for your assistance,

·
Registered
47 Posts
To use the "auto close" feature you just hold down the lock button on the keycard until the windows etc start to move.

To stop the window closing in steps close it fully then hold the button in the closed position for at least 20 seconds.

The deadlock should work with two presses of the "lock" button on the keycard.

I found it took a bit of practice to get this right. Make the two clicks to close together or too far apart and it doesn't work.

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
To stop the window closing in steps close it fully then hold the button in the closed position for at least 20 seconds.
You will need to do this in both directions, ie open the window fully and hold the button in the open postion for 5-10 secs and then close the window fully and hold the button in the close postion for 5-10 secs. This may need to be done for each window.

Do this with the engine on, and once the windows are reset (they wont go down in steps anymore) you will find that the global closure feature now works when deadlocking the car and then holding the button.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried but it didn't work, the window still operated in step..

What I have done is hold the switch from the driver up for 15 sec while the window was up and down.

Any more advice I could try?

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
You need to hold the switch in the open window position for 10 secs when opening the windows and then then hold the switch in the close postion for 10 secs when closing the windows.

Youre holding it in the same postion when opening and closing the windows, which wont work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it's the rear window, driver side. What I was asking is holding the switch should be done on the main switch (driver's door) or from the switch on the window acting by step?

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
ahhh.. I see - sorry :eek:

In your case do the procedure from the drivers control panel on the drivers door but using the switch that activate's the rear drivers side window.

Hoep that clears it up. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found that I had to use the switch on the same door as the sticky window - the drivers switch did not always reset the window

1 - 16 of 16 Posts