Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to stop the Aux Power Sockets (cigarette lighter sockets) switching off after about 10 minutes when my 2011 Grand Scenic is not running? I use one to power tent lighting when camping and obviously do not want to continuously blip the key.

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that was an option I was trying to avoid. I was hoping there was a changeover switch or software setting I could use. It's a bit of an annoying feature. My wife's citroen does the same.

Ian

·
Super Moderator
13,661 Posts
Is there a way to stop the Aux Power Sockets (cigarette lighter sockets) switching off after about 10 minutes when my 2011 Grand Scenic is not running? I use one to power tent lighting when camping and obviously do not want to continuously blip the key.
Thanks
Ian
Sorry no. I find it a useful feature, even if someone leaves the interior lights on, the battery isn't flat in the morning.
Here's an idea, which I used when motorcycle camping, bit of a PITA but no worse than adding an unswitched socket.
Get a 12v burglar alarm battery (or bigger) in a box, fit a fag lighter socket & a fuse. Or buy one of those Jump start boxes, which come with a mains charger.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jump-Start-12v-900-Amp-Portable-Power-Pack-Station-Battery-Booster-Starter-2-/350939177721?pt=UK_Recovery_Tools&hash=item51b59ae2f9
Make a fag lighter plug to plug lead. When driving plug both ends in to charge. Bonuses, there's no wire to trip over or drag when you forget & drive off. Also you can nip to the shops leaving SWMBO with lights. You'll never flatten the car. My Mrs still uses mine for her CPAP (sleep apnoea) machine when theres no hook up for caravan. Ours is now a 33AH Ex Golf cart battery. Amazingly, I successfully used it to jump start the Toyota Diseasel last year after being greedy electrics wise.

Reactions: IJP2014

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both for your help, it would turn out that I can't do what I want. I had been considering both of your suggestions as alternatives. I think I may do both, as I can then plug the electric coolbox into the car battery and run lights off a small battery pack or the hardwired socket.

Cheers
Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts