Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People

Can someone assist me with a part number for an Auxillary Drive belt for a Laguna Estate 1.8 16V Sport W/00. I take it I have a K564 engine going by the pillar post sticker and VIN VF1K564.

I have tried 2 local dealer ships and they have given me 2 different part numbers, so as you may gather am a little bit confused.

Thanks in advance for your help

I take it this image of my belt shows that I should be replacing it asap.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Hi - and welcome to the forum :)

Part numbers are often superseded, which can lead to confusion.

Looking at the condition of that drivebelt, I wouldn't run the engine until it's replaced - they have a habit of shredding, getting into the timing belt area and wrecking the top end of the engine :eek:

If the car has aircon, the correct belt designation is 5PK1747 (5 'peaks', 1747mm long), but 5PK1745 or 1750 will fit at a push.

Be aware that the pulleys have six grooves, but the belt only has 5 'peaks'. The innermost (closest to engine) groove MUST be kept 'clear'.

Oh, and it's an F4P.760 engine - the K56 refers to the model series.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi S80 thanks for the info.

I thought as much about the potential damage from the belt. I am of to the local motor factors shortly to pick up a new belt so will get that on promptly.

I just managed to get a hold of the renault workshop manual / dialogys software and that didn't help either as it showed me several part numbers including the two that the dealerships gave me.

Once again thank you for the reply, it is much appreciated

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
No probs jimbo!

Manufacturers are always 'tweaking' part numbers - sometimes it's just a minor change, and quite often just 'consolidating' the same part across different models to ease stock control problems.

As for the consequences of a shredding belt - well, I speak from bitter personal experience. In my case it was because I'd got the routing wrong (but the belt still fitted), so make a careful note of how it fits round the pulleys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts