Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just bought a 2006 Laguna dci gt 175 which I love!! However the headlights are awful!!! The xenons do the little dance they do wwhen you switcch them on so I presume the self adjustment is fine but the light they give off and the full beam are hopeless. Is there a way of adjusting dipped and full beam up so they project further? Or could this be a fault with self adjustment?? The full beam bulbs appear to point down but I cannot see a beam adjuster in the car and obviously not gonna play with anything under bonnet screw to adjust wise. any ideas guys??

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It may be worth checking the links between the suspension and the level sensors are intact. There are two - one front and one rear.

There are adjuster screws on the headlight but the system must be operating correctly before having them set on a headlight beam checker.:)

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
This doesn't show on the dash. I've the same car and had the same problem. Lights would adjust on startup (AFIK, they don't do this if the sensors aren't working, just default to lowest position). On closer inspection, found the arm on the front sensor had snapped off and had been cable tied:crazy:. The cable tie was quite loose and so the arm stayed in the same position. Attached it more securely (too tight to buy new sensor) and lights now much, much more impressive; kind of what you'd expect from xenons! The full beams are also assisted by the xenons rising, this is another way of telling if your sensors are working or not (don't move).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts