Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been 7 weeks this time, and the bus is back in the dealers again .... :crazy:

Got 2 new tyres fitted, and noticed a vibration .. through the seat/bum ... mmm ... wheel balance me thinks ... back to National Tyres ... checked, balance OK.
Vibration still there, back to National tyres again, rear wheels balanced ..... yup... vibration still there .... :(

Better half says the driver seat is broken ... yup the lumbar adjuster is broken and seat is as soft as a soft thing (think of telling her about her bum being too big ... change of mind ... not a good idea):rolleyes:

Booked into dealer on Thursday 07:30 ..

1/ vibration
2/ seat lumbar support
3/ exhaust heat shield (been an anoying rattle for weeks now)
4/ sound padding from under the glovebox ... again been falling down since last visit to replace the servo

Dealer phones at 16:59 .... car not ready.

1/ vibration is a damaged driveshaft ... replaced, but vibration still there, other driveshaft on order from factory - overnite delivery :confused:
2/ Seat is not the lumbar adjustment, but seat frame ... on order from France, will be in on Monday :eek:
3/ Heatshield rattle ... nope its the centre section of the exhaust ... replaced under warranty.
4/ sound padding resecured (how long this time ... ?)

Up shot ... car in the dealers until monday at least ... :(

Warranty claims for

LHS + RHS drive shafts @ £320 each + fitting
Exhaust section @ £375 + fitting
Seat frame @ £560 + fitting

18K miles and 30mths old ... the warranty claims read like a manufacturing Bill of Material :yawn:

Front and rear brake disks.
Servo.
Rear springs and mounts
Gearbox
EGR valve and pipe
ECU
Lighting ECU
NS headlamp
2 x Xenon lamps
1 x Xenon ballast
ABS computer
CD Changer
Tailgate struts
Sump gasket
Roof rails
Roof bars
Headlight washer
Headlight washer pipes
Front door speaker
Wiper blades @ 1 day old

I'm really starting to get fed up now .... its a pity because its a fantastic car ... when it works:(

Thank god its still under warranty and its got extended warranty until its 5 yrs old, I dread to think ... but I'm not sure it is going to last that long :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Jeez TB, that's a hell of a lot of stuff to go wrong:crazy: Thank god for warranties, eh:) . You might just as well trade it in when it gets to five years.

I've not come across anyone I know personally that's had to have that much done on such a young motor. Think you may have been supplied with the runt of the litter so to speak. Lets hope this is the last time.....for a while at least;)

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scatz, whats more annoying, it was a factory order and took 13 weeks to get it ... :(

I sometimes think we should have bought the Volvo XC90 we also looked at ... it was a toss up at the time, the Volvo was £1500 more but was on a 27 week waiting list ... so we thought weve has Espace's in the past and its a crackin car ..... The Espace it is ..... Oh boy! :eek:

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tuesday evening ... bus still not ready ... shafts changed .... but now a diff is on overnight delivery, as the diff is now making a "whine" .... :( (know how it feels)
Seat frame has not been not repaired yet either.

Looks like its going to be Friday before I get it back .... and its susposed to be going to Munich at the end of next week ..... :( :( :(

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Please tell me they have given you a courtesy bus/car?

Thank looks more like a shopping list that parts needed for a nealy new car.

Like you say cracking cars, but come on Renault you need to make em last longer and better!

I had a Volvo S60 with the D5 engine 167bhp - top spec aswell was a storm to drive and the engine sounded awesome with a 5 cylinder! MMMMmmmm just could afford £27k for it!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi truckbusuk not great news then at least its under warranty thats one thing, ok mines is 5 years old this September and its only the 2.0 16v, its only cost me about £250 all in in the last 9 months i would hate this to happen out of warranty although i have got warranty but its been wear and tear for all the parts that had to be changed and another £300 for servicing parts and labour of the belt which i got a fiat mechanic to help and only had to pay him for 3 hours if that.i hope you get it back soon and have much better luck with it.finger crossed for going away

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please tell me they have given you a courtesy bus/car?
Only after an arguement with Arnolds finest, and an angry phone call with RCS, who are now picking up the bill for the hire of a Clio3 Authentique 1.2 .... blistering .... :yawn:

As for Munich, if its not ready ... the west of Scotland will think the Northern Lights have moved south ..... will be an interesting discussion ... I really hope it doesnt get that far :crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
the way thngs are going there mate,the warranty prices will be worth more than the value of the car when bought new.good luck when you get it back.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
If its not ready i would try your luck and asked for a car of similar size for your travels, ive said before in other posts you dont buy a Espace for just 2 people and a couple of bags of shopping you buy it because you have a big family or carrier a lot around in the back or both. Does the Espace have 7 seats if so tell them they are 7 of you going and they wont fit in a Clio!:steam:

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think think positive thoughts ... well at the moment. :(

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the calming words otto :)

Well its back .....

the vibration is sorted, and the following parts are what cured the problem .....

1/ LHS and RHS driveshafts (were not the problem but were changed first and the old ones were not put back on.)

2/ Complete differential unit (they had changed the planet gears and the sun gear but that caused a whine .... shafts were badly keyed, so complete diff changed.

3/ Gearbox final drive changed (because of the diff issues this was changed due to excessive wear in the diff.)

All other problems as per previous post ... time at the dealer 8 days, patience almost exhausted.:(

Very long chat with the service manager over the issues .... but he surprised me my stating the mine is not the worst they have ..... OMG :eek: , but the best bit was the quality of the latest Modus, Clio3, Megane2 and Scenic2 is so good the warranty work on these cars has dried up to the extent that they are letting technicians/mechanics go as there is no work for them .... this is the largest Main Dealer in Glasgow ... and early indications of the new Twingo and Laguna3 are they are even better ... they are gearing up for lean times (not as long as the warranty for my Espace is still valid I joked :rolleyes: ) apparently the "new" man in charge of Renault cars wants to be in the top 5 manufacturers list and they are putting their money where it matters :rolleyes: .

So, bus is fixed and an interesting insight to the life of a Renault main dealers service dept.

Off to Munich at the end of the week so fingers crossed no problems on the journeys :)

O

·
0 Posts
Glad it's all sorted and I hope it's the end of your woes mate.

I really hope that Renault do sort their quality issues, like Mercedes they've gone through a bad patch but do have a superb range of vehicles that look the part, have lots of toys and are good value for money.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Well my new Scenic II phase II registered March 07 is not showing signs of improved build quality I am sad to say .

Regards

ottoman

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my new Scenic II phase II registered March 07 is not showing signs of improved build quality I am sad to say .

Regards

ottoman

Thanks OG, .... otto, I supose its all relative, I didnt think to ask what he thought a improvement in quality actually means in Renault speak, although he was obviously talking about warranty claims, however he did seemed concerned about the loss of jobs and having to let guys go due to the improved quality/loss of warranty work.

Hope your Scenic is just teething and no more. :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Thanks OG, .... otto, I supose its all relative, I didnt think to ask what he thought a improvement in quality actually means in Renault speak, although he was obviously talking about warranty claims, however he did seemed concerned about the loss of jobs and having to let guys go due to the improved quality/loss of warranty work.

Hope your Scenic is just teething and no more. :)
Yes lets hope so, I would have thought it would take a couple of years before the workshops would see a downturn in Warranty work prior to the improved build quality coming on stream as there are still a lot of pre improved build quality cars out there that are still under warranty.

I also think the downturn in new vehicle sales have an impact on the workshops, Renault seem to have being hit quite a bit in new vehicle sales due to the downturn and other manufacturers introducing newer models, The new Picasso , New Corsa etc where Renault have just face lifted models, Tho they are pinning a lot on the new Laguna and Twingo .

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts