Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i drive an 03 plate 1.6 scenic fidji petrol.. just the other day the car lost all power and started bunny hopping down the road..Any ideas what might be causing this (about a year ago a similar thing happened and the garage told me it was the plugs and coils) do you think changing these nagain would help the problem

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Certaintly sounds like coils again I'm afraid.Were the coils you used last time genuine Renault or aftermarket ones?.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I'm with Lag. Defo your coils, and it's not uncommon...you might get away with changing one or two, but if you can, I'd change all four to genuine Renault coils.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Certaintly sounds like coils again I'm afraid.Were the coils you used last time genuine Renault or aftermarket ones?.
When i removed them yesterday they are genuine parts but i did not replace them the garage where i bought the car from did. (when i disconnect each one individually the engine starts to splutter more which makes me think they are ok or is this just my lack of knowledge and this is normal even if they are shot)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts