Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi guys I'm back again :). I am hearing a nock over bumps now I have checked the ball joint and tbh I'm not very clued up on how they should be even tho I have checked the enternet. I have noticed the top ball joint looks a little flat I think the bottom looks ok. Just wanting you guys to have a look and tell me if they need replacing also how you can tell just for future reference. I have also took a pic of the wheel mount ects just in case you guys notice something I have missed. Hope you can help :).

Attachments

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,414 Posts
Re: Ball joint nock ?

Top one is the track rod end,,If you get some one to turn the steering wheel side to side ,slight movement but quick and you place your hand on it ,if there is play you will feel it,The bottom one is the ball joint ,,this one you need to lever up,(chances of slipping and damaging the abs ring or the rubber over cv or the rubber dust cover over the ball joint levering down) you will see movement if there is play in this

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,985 Posts

Check the roll bar drop links as well.
Thin rods with ball joint either end, about 12" long.
From Struts to roll bar
Little leverage you should see any play.

·
40,414 Posts

Not got good eyesight but isnt the antirollbar fastened on by the ball joint 2nd picture

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it does I noticed that when I took the picture. And nope phase 2 dancing dad. That was my next question how do I replace ball joint if it is that ? Il be taking the wheel off today to have a proper look I only stuck the phone in between the wheel so il take a few more pics today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
40,414 Posts
You need to use the search tab ,,sure its been covered on here (with pictures) its straight forward enough but the pictures will show you easier than people on the forum explaining

1 - 7 of 7 Posts