Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to change the lower suspension ball joint on my 07 Megane estate, but have come to a sticking point:confused: Having removed pinch bolt nut and knocked out pinch bolt, i don't seem to be able to shift the top of the ball joint from the strut.

Does anyone know do i just need to hit it hard with a splitter or is there something else? It looks like there might be a small grub screw behind the brake disc holding the top of the ball joint in - see circled in photo
IMAG1299.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Hi you can use a ball joint splitter.I use a chisel in the rear of where you are saying the grub screw is ,then using a hammer using downward action on the arm.Sound rough but i always change the complete suspension arm,a lot less hassle than changing the ball joint separate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi you can use a ball joint splitter.I use a chisel in the rear of where you are saying the grub screw is ,then using a hammer using downward action on the arm.Sound rough but i always change the complete suspension arm,a lot less hassle than changing the ball joint separate.
So are you saying there is no further fixing to remove and it should just drop down and out from the current position? Doesn't even look like a taper fit. I've even tried jacking under the disc to take the pressure off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts