Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. I have a problem my car has been sitting on axle stand now for a month or more whilst I have been rebuilding the engine I also had to replace a spring and now currently replacing the ball joints:crazy: any way I have a question, quandary, dilemma I cant get the bloody ball joint go back in as it seems the hub is lower than it should be:mad: and yes I have jacked the suspension up but still cant get it in any advise would be grateful

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
hello you can check the drive shaft is in the gearbox properly and is fully home in the hub if you can get the top of the ball joint in the hub housing then have someone push the bottom of the disc with their feet (more leverage this way) while you guide the joint then as it is pushed it will slide in hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello you can check the drive shaft is in the gearbox properly and is fully home in the hub if you can get the top of the ball joint in the hub housing then have someone push the bottom of the disc with their feet (more leverage this way) while you guide the joint then as it is pushed it will slide in hope this helps
will give this a go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts