Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABout 18 months ago I had needed the nearside tyre on my 2001 megane changing. Took it to garage thinking it would be quick job and left them to it. They rang later and said when they took tyre off they notice problem with ball joint and needed to replace that as it was dangerous. So paid for that (can't remember but was over £100).

I had my MOT yesterday and amongst other things the same Tyre need replacing. No problem there I thought. However when he was changing it he said the ball joint was broken!!

Could anyone explain why the ball joint seems to keep breaking or been damaged on that specific tyre?

I'm not very car minded so no idea what it could be.

He also said when he was replacing it there was a lot of oil around it so the garage who fitted it the first time must have put it in wrong. Could this mean that it just wasn't fitted properly the first time and has broken because of that or something else?

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,624 Posts
When they changed the joint did they re-track the steering geometry ? was that on you bill..it should have been done automatically..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they changed the joint did they re-track the steering geometry ? was that on you bill..it should have been done automatically..
I'm not sure I will check when I get home as I'm sure I kept it. It was Kwick Fit who messed me around before so probably not knowing them.

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
24,624 Posts
Good luck hope you get it sorted..after the new joint is fitted book the car into a tyre place and ask for a laser tracking on the car..

·
Super Moderator
13,655 Posts
But not Kwick Crap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts