Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone could any body help Please.
I am getting a loud bang from the rear of the car every time I hit a bump.
I took the car to kwick fit and they said the buhes and shocks, suspension are ok.
The noise comes from both sides.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
laguna bump

Did they check the exhaust and did they check it on the ramp - when on a ramp the clearance between underside and exhaust could be somewhat different -try moving thr vehicle forward or back from stationary with the handbrake on a see if you can hear anything - one other possibility is a broken rear spring - Lagunas have a habit of breaking on end off - and it would be hard to notice but it makes a noise when going over bumps - try driving over traffic ramps at various speeds and see what happens - although its not like Quik-fit to miss an opportunity for a quick buck. Hoep this helps - let us know if you discover what it is. Good luck and good hunting. P.S. - before driving over ramps it a good idea yo empty the boot - carpet and all as the noise will be easier to hear or maybe the gold bullion rolling about LOL

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
laguna bump

I would have said the bushes or the rear shocks .just shake everything under the car and and listen there is nothing worse than a knocking noise .

good luck

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The rear axle mountings are notorious on the Laguna 2's.They have a habit of splitting and causing a knock just like the one your is suffering.

Ignore Kwik-Fit!.They will try to sell you shock absorbers wether you need them or not.......go to a decent independant garage and get them to look at the rear axle mountings.

I'll find the thread on the forum all about them and post a link here.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. KNOCING FROM REAR OVER BUMPS

:cool: Hello Everyone
and thanks for the responces to my question.
Just to let you all know that it was the rear axle bushes.

Now all I have to do is get it fixed.

Renault said £670 including parts and labour

Indepedent garage said £388 inluding L AND P

One man band said £220 INCLUDING L AND P.

THANKS ALL AGAIN.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I know i am a bit of a traitor here, but someone has just posted photos on how to change them in the parkers forum (am i alllowed to say that?) . Using the special tool in situ .
Very good and precise instructions.

chakota :d

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear suspension bushes

Had the rear bushes replaced on my Laguna a couple of months ago, used a bosch service centre, it cost £130.00 for parts and labour.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Well said Whiting -let the poor woman out and replace her with a super audio system - that way you don't hear any unwanted noises coming from the boot.:rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had same problem with mine it was the rear coil spring snaped at the bottom,had to get my head right inside and look at mount ,got a couple from a brakers yard £70 the pair (after the heart attack of the renault price) still got a pain when i broke my finger fitting it (dont ask the wife to help, her fult to light to force the arm down :d )

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same knocking noise. the car is at 66000miles (if that makes a difference). i also here it when i brake. at first i thought it might of been the fuel tank a little loose but i got it on a ramp and had a look at everything and could not see anything moving about when shaken. is anybody else having a problem like this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts