Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 megane fidji 1.6 16v.
A few months back, everytime i turn the ignition on, i get between 5 and 6 loud bangs from behind the dash on the passengers side. It sounds like a vent opening and closing.
This doesnt occur when Im driving unless I change the fans from re-circulated to the other option (i forget the name but you prob know what I mean!) or turn the fans off.

I have carefully put my hand up behind the dash (obviously not whilst driving! lol) and I can feel a vent opening and closing and I believe that is what is making the noise

My question is.... has anyone else experienced this?
Anyone any idea what it might be and how to fix it?
A mate of mine from school is a mechanic and has been for about 10 or so yrs since leaving so he can help sort the fix. He's not 100% sure but suspects the motor is playing up in some way and it looks like the only way to get to it is by taking the dash out! Obviously this will put my car off the road for a couple days whilst he does it in his spare time....

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The link above doesnt seem to work and Ive had no luck searching. Anyone shed any light on how to fix this problem

Cheers.
Paul

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I've got the same problem on mine and I've been told its costly to fix. As its causing no harm to the car, just bangs once or twice as i get in the car - I've learned to ignore it ;)

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
I've got the same problem on mine and I've been told its costly to fix. As its causing no harm to the car, just bangs once or twice as i get in the car - I've learned to ignore it ;)
same here, annoying more than anything.

mine goes;-

bang, bang, bang, bang,

SHUT UP!!

bang

then it stops

lol

Reactions: superbiatch
1 - 9 of 9 Posts