Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yesterday this error is showing up espically when i accelerate hard on a roundabout or when climbing an hill . any idea what this would be related to?

im not a mechanic and just an self learner trying to fix this if its is a easy job :)
any help will be helpful. I have attached the error picture
20210608_045344.jpg

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,794 Posts
Could write a whole list of things it could be but first...
  • battery - how old is it?
  • alternator - is the aux belt slipping?
  • charging system - has anyone measured voltages?
  • BMS - does the car have a battery management system (a sensor on the negative battery terminal)
Do you actually know that the battery is in good condition and is charging properly. If not, then any of the above might apply, plus check security and cleanliness of all battery connections, earth leads, including engine/gearbox to chassis, fuses, including the big ones by the battery.

Can you lay your hands on a voltmeter to take some readings. I find the cheap digital voltmeters that slot into a cigar lighter socket really useful

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could write a whole list of things it could be but first...
  • battery - how old is it?
  • alternator - is the aux belt slipping?
  • charging system - has anyone measured voltages?
  • BMS - does the car have a battery management system (a sensor on the negative battery terminal)
Do you actually know that the battery is in good condition and is charging properly. If not, then any of the above might apply, plus check security and cleanliness of all battery connections, earth leads, including engine/gearbox to chassis, fuses, including the big ones by the battery.

Can you lay your hands on a voltmeter to take some readings. I find the cheap digital voltmeters that slot into a cigar lighter socket really useful
Ditto what twodogs said... 👆

1 - 6 of 6 Posts