Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have managed to resolve front elec passs window by removing panel. Not sure why, but window started working again. Also sealed panel near speaker that was allowing water in side well.

Could do with help in agreeing if battery disconnect may sort problem of service light (not spanner) and airbag which has been perm on for months with no effect to performance.

Apart from radio code, what is worst situation that can occur if battery is dsconnected? is this known to sort service airbag lights problem?

thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,755 Posts
Usual cause of air bag light is connections under the seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried the battery disconnect yesterday to solve my repaired problem that had kept the SERV and ESP light on. It didn't work, it was disconected for about an hour and when reconnected the lights came straight on. The only wierd thing that happened to me was that the drivers side electric window played up for about 20mins, i'd press down and it would only move about 15mm each time and take about 10 presses for it to fully open. Thankfully this resolved itself and is back to normal, i don't know what caused it.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,755 Posts
Sometimes when the battery is disconnected the windows have to be recalibrated I cant remember how but you may find it by searching the forum if you need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts