Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,030 Posts
Directly to the wipers?? or into a Body Control Module shared with the wipers and other systems (rain sensor for example).

EDIT - take a look here at post #20

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,030 Posts
It's been a day of learning for me. I would be getting some contact cleaner onto those two wires as a first step.
I can't believe I never knew what that terminal was. I need to be a bit more careful next time I try to charge a battery in situ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Directly to the wipers?? or into a Body Control Module shared with the wipers and other systems (rain sensor for example).

EDIT - take a look here at post #20
To the wiper motor as per wiring diagram

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,405 Posts
It's been a day of learning for me. I would be getting some contact cleaner onto those two wires as a first step.
I can't believe I never knew what that terminal was. I need to be a bit more careful next time I try to charge a battery in situ.
Was on the early kia's but later models of the Venga have not got it..step in the right direction.. YES !!!

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,030 Posts
Did you get to the bottom of this? I have been reading elsewhere (not Renault) that a faulty battery sensor can cause all sorts of problems from non-starting to load shedding on wipers, fans etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi
So sorry my bad on this one. Turned out to be the Battery Management Module on the battery negative pole. I bought a new genuine item £80 that has been changed from my original unit, everything is now working as normal. Whether this is an updated part?

I believe the Renault Captur had a similar problem and there was a fix, but I don’t know if this it was this new style BMS module. Any way happy days, no need to burn the car, it was simple in the end. Word of warning, I bought a used item from a breaker and it didn’t work at all and put the spanner on and gave a constant 13.5v the same as if you disconnect the plug.

I hope this can be of help to others, and big thanks to everyone that contributed👍

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,030 Posts
Thanks for the the update. One more solution to add to the list. I think we will be seeing this more often. Expensive little items for a small pcb and a couple of contacts.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts