Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi recently, when i start my car, there is a low pitch beep that lasts for roughly 3/4secs.

any idea what this is?

also i have the orange electrical warning light pop up now and then, when i'm slowing the car down. if i let the revs drop it will cut out, then i get the erratic revs when i start it up again. driving down a straight road in second or third gets rid of the light, and it usually stays away when the engine gets nice and warm.

Another thing the car does when the light is on, and the revs jump up and down. smoke comes out the back, which is a strong petrol smell, then when i turn the ignition off, there is a very noticable clicking sound coming from somewhere behind the driver side headlight. this lasts upto a minute, sometimes longer.

I've tried using a OBDII scanner, but no codes we're stored.

finally two more problems. the back of my exhaust is loose, i think it's missing some sort of bracket that keeps it still. when i'm driving, i can hear and feel it jumping about. also my gear stick jumps about as well.

could these possibly be responsible for the electrical warning light?

any help would be very welcome, as i'm almost at the stage of scrapping the car!

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
If the engine is mis-fueling or misfiring the warning light will come on. Plus the engine will run erratically.

I suggest you first check the ignition system such as coils, spark plugs, leads, etc.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.