Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't say I was a particular fan of his but I did see him live when he did an after dinner speech at a School Reuion a few years ago. He was really funny and so quick, he got stuck in to a couple of people who had the nerve to heckle him - one of the funiest things I've ever seen.

Love him or loath him - RIP!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
A very funny man, from a different age.

You Laughed even tho you knew it was wrong . The man was not for changing

R.I.P Bernard

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Definately an old school comedian who hadn't grasped political correctness........but that was one of his strengths.Could turn from being deeply offensive to very funny in the blink of an eye.

RIP Big Man.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
sad loss,another one of our comedians gone.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Sad loss indeed. Stood up to the PC brigade, and was loved by many, of all persuasions. One more for the big party upstairs!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Great comedian but very hardcore for his time but bloody funny,you either hated him or loved him, i love him will be sadly missed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
this was all over the radio today given that i live in manchester so they made even more of a deal of it.but i'd never heard of him....i'm so damn uncultured/out of touch. i don't know whether i'd have liked his style but it's sad to lose a comedian either way :(

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Definitely one of the old school, probably the last one remaining (with the same degree of popularity would be Frank Carson).

I found his humour to be very sharp indeed - most people can (if they think back far enough) of a work colleague/friend/family member who was funny (regardless of the topic) - he was very much like that.

The closest one today to come to filling his boots would be Chubby Brown, but I don't like his loud approach - I prefer my humour to be more droll and deadpan.

He was very much an 'adult' entertainer - that was his niche and his strength.

I will miss him, another institution lost.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts