Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my pride & joy, and a Dynamique, too:

Very interesting how I found this vehicle.

As stated in my intro thread, I'm in my mid-thirties now and have never really owned a "nice" motor; had the likes of Vauxhalls & Rovers (+ a Maestro:eek: )and decided I could afford a decent car, so I looked into Mercs, Beamers & Jags.

Anyhoooo, a work colleague told me that there was an air ambulance on the main route to my house, and as I'd just moved to the area, didn't know any alternative routes home.
So I looked on Google maps, found a nice scenic route into the other end of my estate and I see a little car icon on the map. I zoom in on it and discover that there's a car dealership half a mile away from my new property!

So I get there, but it's on the back-end of a farm, and I have to go through a timbers yard to get there and the dealership is basically 4 walls with a corrugated roof on it.
By now you'd think my spidey-sense would be tingling to steer clear, but this Black Pearl Megane Coupe Cabriolet is just sitting there with 27,000 miles on the clock (6 year old car) and it's on sale for £5G.

I bought it within half an hour!

Love it, looks even better when it's waxed, and even sexier with the roof down!

My new missus says she'll never forget one of the first times she saw me pulling onto a car park with my shades on, music blaring and top down on my Megane, she said it was uber-cool:driving:

Had it 13 months now and I still gaze at it out of the kitchen window!

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Thats a lovely looking car, especially in black. The only trouble with black cars is there a pig to keep clean.

Hope you have a long and loving relationship with her. :d

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a lovely looking car, especially in black. The only trouble with black cars is there a pig to keep clean.

Indeed - I had a white car before and that was much easier to keep clean!

Can't beat the old personal touch on cleaning the motor with a tub of wax & microfibre cloth but a trip to the BP car wash (buy 2, get 3rd wash free) every other week doesn't hurt :)

·
Administrator
13,224 Posts
Wow thats really nice!! I think I'm actually slightly jealous! :eek: ha ha:d Keep enjoying it Swipey, there's nothing better than having fun driving a car you enjoy driving!! :d
dave_mezza2006 said:
:rofl: but don't choose her over your wife!! Your wife can still do more damage to you!! :p hee hee :d

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thats really nice!! I think I'm actually slightly jealous! :eek: ha ha:d Keep enjoying it Swipey, there's nothing better than having fun driving a car you enjoy driving!! :d
Thanks for the kind words HeatherJ :)

I still get a little flutter every time I get into my car and see that lovely brushed metal (please don't tell me it's plastic!?) all over the centre console :sunny:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts