Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vehicle is a Laguna 2 Sports Tourer. It has a factory fitted radio/cd player. The cd player gave all sorts of problems so I bought a compatable cd auto changer. It is to big to fit in the dash or the glove compartment and I have installed it in the boot.

Now my tourer has no particular place for a cd changer and at the moment and I have fitted it on the floor at the side, however I now find that this restricts the amount of space in the boot and also could be damaged if anything heavy fell on it whilst travelling.

Has anybody any suggestions as to the best place I could install it? Thanks.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
You could try under the passenger seat?
or mount it to the rear side quarter panel in the boot - it would be off the floor and mounted on the side wall!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Yep, I'd say under the passenger seat or under the glove box (problem being there is that it's visable). You could always try it 'in' the glove box (if it fits).

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could do what Honda do when fitting Changers into the boot. Make a bar that goes infront of the changer and above it slightly. Its a kind of cage, But you can still get your CD's out.

My changer is in the boot of my megane on the side and I dont feel it restricts space. Just put softer stuff on that end if its a concern?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your suggestions I think I will try and fit it on the side panel. This seems to be the best idea. The glove box is to small and I have trays under the front seats which I use.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts