Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to see an amazing escape,watch the coverage of the Canadian GP now.......

The race is just about to finish,but earlier there was a massive accident involving Robert Kubica.He's OK,but if you watch the replay of the accident,you have to ask yourself how!.

These cars are incredibly strong........

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Amazing or what and he is ok as well the safety is second to none Lag i was creased when ars* crossed the grass the first time but to do it again great made my day,iam so pleased to see Hamilton cross the line soon but i rather see the reds up there but i have to say the Merc is some tool this weekend no one could touch it

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done Lewis,and give me my points in the fantasy league!

The boy done good.:d

(I've also got Williams and BMW in my teams....:):):))

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brilliant result all round,apart from my beloved red cars....

I think Kubica will be happy to escape with a broken leg once he watches the replay.I haven't seen such a violent accident for a good few years.It could have been much worse if the car had took off a little higher and jumped the fence between him and cars going in the other direction.

Well done to Heidfeld and Wurz too,and the over rated greasy Alonso finally cracks under pressure!:):):):)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
It was an interesting race plenty in it for most viewers I felt.

A huge boost for Lewis, Good to see a Brittish driver doing well and delivering a consistent performance in each race.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It reinforces my view that F1 isn't boring,but the majority of tracks they race on are.....

Canada and Indy are always interesting,and on prime time TV.The next races from Mangie Cor and Silverstone are usually yawn fests....unless it rains.

How must our Jenson feel now?.He won't be the main attraction at the British GP,and as Lewis is now being introduced as 'Britains Number 1',he is rapidly loosing momentum.I'm a big fan of his,but Honda are dissapearing without trace.......I bet he'd rather drive last years car(Super Aguri) especially after Sato heroics recently.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yep definately right there Lag's so many of the races are boring due to track layout or control.

I feel we should just enjoy having Brittish drivers competing in the sport as for a while there it looked as if we would have none.

Lewis is the flavour of the month at the moment rightly so, But as you know Lags it can all go pearshape in Formula 1 very quickly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Very true.....

When Jensen won the Hungarian GP last year,he was the next world champion.....then along came Lewis(and a rather dodgy Honda).......

The one thing we haven't seen is how Lewis deals with failure.If he can handle that with the attitude he has shown so far,then everyone might as well stay at home for the next 10 years.

I did think that is was nice that Martin Brundle mentioned that he'd been out sinking Tequilla Slammers with Michael Schumacher the night before the race and that he hoped that Schumi had a headache as bad as his!.We all see the proffesional side of F1,but the personal side is often quite different.Schumi is portrayed as being unpopular and arrogant,but in reality it's quite different.After loosing the world championship to Mika Hakkinen at the Japanese GP in 1998,Schumi and his team went to a local karaoke bar.Schumi and Ross Brawn got hammered and were trying to sing....and in walks Mika.The night decended into a drunken farce,with a very drunk Mr.Schumacher leaving with his arm around Mika,a cigar hanging from his mouth,and the pair of them dreanched after a water fight......not quite the arrogant German and quiet Finn that are shown to the cameras.....

Anyway,enough of my meandering..............:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
It did Mr Schumachers image no harm what so ever to be portrayed as the cold calculating German, Remember how brash and impatient he was at first.

I would have really liked to have seen him and Senna race against each other in competitive cars, At times I disliked Senna immensely but I was still drawn to the man as a racer.

Sadly missed but a true racer of the old school where first was all and second was nothing.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 20 of 39 Posts