Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied this from the new Road Safety Act 2006.

29 Breach of duty to give information as to identity of driver etc.

In Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 (c. 53) (prosecution and punishment of offences: offences under the Traffic Acts), in the entry relating to section 172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (duty to give information as to identity of driver etc. in certain circumstances), in column (7) (penalty points), for "3" substitute "6".

You can now be hit with SIX penalty points for failing to provide self-incriminating information on demand. This is after a high court Judge (Judge Morton) stated that he believes it to be against European Human Rights Laws.
It is also contrary to the terms of the Magna Carta, the nearest thing the UK has to a constitution.

May 3rd, Local Elections - time to kick Labour where it hurts ?

Travel Tax: The campaign to scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy

S

·
0 Posts
I don't think voting differently will help with the erosion of our civil rights unless we vote for the Green Party (do they still exist). As someone on PistonHeads recently said, "Voting Conservative rather than Labour is like buying a 1.2 1999 Nova over a 1.0 1997 Nova" :)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I don't think voting differently will help with the erosion of our civil rights unless we vote for the Green Party (do they still exist). As someone on PistonHeads recently said, "Voting Conservative rather than Labour is like buying a 1.2 1999 Nova over a 1.0 1997 Nova" :)
LOL, sad but true.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
But isn't voting Green like buying either, but then they won't let you drive it?

Ah, I see the attraction now :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts