Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Renault Master II 2008 2,5dci 120bhp engine code G9U/650

Problem begain with dead battery after it wasen´t used in a few months, the van worked perfectly several year´s before this happend.
I then tried with jump leads, but the starter gets just to little power/Volt and turn the engine around real slowly and almost stopp "in the middle".

I took the battery out and took it inside( from the hatch in the floor between sits) it was a Varta silver 110 Amp, and i measured only 10,2 Volt.
And a find a video on Youtube (a process with real old battery charger without microprocessors) as i follow, and after a few week´s and after some final charges and discharges the battery seams real good again measured 13,74 volt.

Put the battery in the van and try to start but the van dosen´t start, ivé notise that the red light in the panel is permanent red and also that the glowplug-lamp ise´t even lights up at all !
Try to use starting gas, and the van starts at once and is going as long i put more starting gas in.

Have read for over 100 hours on this forum and all other forum i found on the internet`, and have also spend 100+ hour´s outside in the cold on the Van trying to find some broken cabel´s, bad connetions, bad earth etc, but havent find anything.

Im a educated car mechanic from 1985, but only work´d 4 years at Ford, so I'm not used to working with car computers/Ecu/Uch etc.
Give up a few times and collect some new strength, and read more and out testing different things at the van but NOTHING!

Have a genuine ELM 327 with a few program, but dont find the "problem", and got a chance to use a Icarsoft CR MAX and have test the van with it.

All passes the test accept the ECM/ECU, and it shows 7 different errors in the Memory, and i can´t erase the faults.
So UCH, ABS and SRS passes the test

The error code is:
DF001: Water temperature Sensor circut, open or short circut to +12 V
DF098: Fuel temprature sensor circut, open circut or short circut to +12 V
DF226: Inlet Flap circut short circut
DF226: Inlet Flap circut, diagnosis outside of Domain
DF647: Exhaus gas recirculation valve possition control, EGR 1 offset inconsistency
DF017: Preheater unit control circuit, open circuit
DF007: Rail pressure sensor circuit, open circuit or short circuit to + 12 V

The reader also says "starting" Prohibited and "Synchronisation" Not done.
Output device Communication Device Gadget Flat panel display Audio equipment

Computer Personal computer Gadget Font Flat panel display

Communication Device Gadget Flat panel display Output device Computer

Computer Gadget Flat panel display Font Communication Device

And i don´t belive these are there in the engine "for real", BUT its in the ECU memory.
Probably the "car" wrote to the ECU ( EEprom) when i was trying to start it with jump leads and almost got the engine to totaly stop even if it had the jump leads on.

So i think i must reset the ECU values or something?...I´m frustrated and low on cash!
But have a long way to a Renault service center and the van is full with my ancestors' furniture, so it´s heavy!

Only have Icarsoft CR MAX and genuine ELM 327, and the only thing i seems to be able to with the Icarsoft is reprograming the injectors.

Anyone idea´s ?

Best regards John Sweden

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,470 Posts
I would use the iCarsoft and manually go through every computer and clear every error you find there with the "memory" contained in its description.

BEFORE you try to start the engine again - first scan the whole vehicle and report on what you find now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for answering me LvR

I have been out again ( 1 celsius outside Brrrrrr) and try to read with Icarsoft CR MAX again in different way´s from EU cars and "All world". (Renault Master II)
Try to get into all computer and clear every error,and did a full test on everything in UHC and it pass perfekt.

But can´t do enything in the ECM/ECU.....all indevidual test failure and erasing error is not possible
It makes no sense!
Gadget Font Communication Device Display device Technology

When i read out the ECU I get Fuel temperatur 1,20 celsius and Fuel temperature sensor voltage 3.95 V
Watertemperature 5.1 celsius and Coolant temprature sensor voltage 4.0 V

So obviously error code DF001 and DF098 from ECU memory is wrong!

And when i chose "ALL" ( whole world Renault Master II) on the Icarsoft CR MAX it also show a "Diesel Injection" with 3 error´s, "Blind spot detection"/Memory, KEM4 /Memory and Comunication unit/Memeory...
Can erase this either, but don´t trust them when they are telling me the van´s speed is 345,15 km/t and outside temp is -273 celsius.

Computer Personal computer Communication Device Gadget Output device
Gadget Communication Device Output device Font Display device

When i in Icarsoft CR MAX chose "ALL"

Communication Device Gadget Font Mobile device Operating system
Communication Device Gadget Font Personal computer Electronic device
Computer Gadget Font Display device Rectangle

So fed up whit this car !

Best regards John the Swede

·
Technical Supremo.
6,470 Posts
Thank you for answering me LvR

I have been out again ( 1 celsius outside Brrrrrr) and try to read with Icarsoft CR MAX again in different way´s from EU cars and "All world". (Renault Master II)
Try to get into all computer and clear every error,and did a full test on everything in UHC and it pass perfekt.

But can´t do enything in the ECM/ECU.....all indevidual test failure and erasing error is not possible
It makes no sense!
View attachment 194657

When i read out the ECU I get Fuel temperatur 1,20 celsius and Fuel temperature sensor voltage 3.95 V
Watertemperature 5.1 celsius and Coolant temprature sensor voltage 4.0 V

So obviously error code DF001 and DF098 from ECU memory is wrong!

And when i chose "ALL" ( whole world Renault Master II) on the Icarsoft CR MAX it also show a "Diesel Injection" with 3 error´s, "Blind spot detection"/Memory, KEM4 /Memory and Comunication unit/Memeory...
Can erase this either, but don´t trust them when they are telling me the van´s speed is 345,15 km/t and outside temp is -273 celsius.

View attachment 194655 View attachment 194656

When i in Icarsoft CR MAX chose "ALL"

View attachment 194658 View attachment 194659 View attachment 194660

So fed up whit this car !

I don't know this scanner and have no experience with it.
I would immediately call a halt to all faultfinding with this particular scanner ........................ no way the vehicle speed can be 343km/h - my suspicion is the scanner is not fully Renault compatible and hence you cannot clear all the garbage produced by it.

Perhaps I just don't understand the wording for the listed tests:

Any "Actuation" is meaningless at this stage when trying to clear errors/faults - you want a simple scan of all the computers, and then use a "clear all errors" or some other similarly worded button to accomplish that.
Once done, switch off ignition, and remove the scanner from the port.
Switch on ignition. plugin scanner and again scan all computers.

Sorry - cannot be more specific than that.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
My own 2 penn'orth, battery is scrap, put a new one in, you killed it by leaving it 'for a few months'. Error messages may then go away as I suspect most if not all of them are being triggered by too low Voltage. E.g., ABS won't work unless battery is good enough to power it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LvR:

Vehicle speed 343km/h is only when i test to chose "all" in the beganing at the Icarsoft CR MAX and then chose Renault Master II ( you can chose all, USA, Asia, Europe and History)
PS! first time was today, i normaly always chose Europe and let the scanner read out the VIN!

If i chose Eurpoe as i always does and go further i can chose "read VIN" or select vehicle ( i always chose read VIN), and it correctly read out the VIN of the car.

In that mode the Vehicle speed is correct at 0 km/t=Null
Output device Communication Device Gadget Mobile device Audio equipment

And aslo almost everything else seems correct like this photo shows
Communication Device Gadget Mobile device Output device Portable communications device

so i think Icarsoft CR MAX is compatible with Renault, but of course not as good as Clip

Also before i took a chanse bying a new crank-sensor and "antenna-ring/imo" and shift it, but nothing!
Aslo have 10,5 volts at al glowingplug and diesel up to filter under the hood.

Mike H025:

You have a point with the battery maby being "not perfekt", i se the volt from OBD2 contact during diagnosis drops quite much at the scanner and raise again depending on what i read out especially the ECU.

And today (to test) i also connected a extra 66 amp full loaded batteri in paralell with jumping cables...So the van should have sufficiently of power/volt
But for sure you never know, and a new 110 amp battery is superexpensive at around 300 GBP

Is it possible to reset van´s ECU in some way ?
Ivé aslo read at digital-kaos.co.uk/forums and MHhauto forum that many people get new corrected file for EEprom 95320 and write them in to fix alot of strange problems.
Or ask for Virgin file.
Like this tread:

But i have no equipment for this or skills or Clip

My ECU is Bosch 0281 013 363
edc16c36

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scan of all the computers, and then use a "clear all errors" or some other similarly worded button to accomplish that.
Once done, switch off ignition, and remove the scanner from the port.
Switch on ignition. plugin scanner and again scan all computers.

I will do that again tomorrow LvR.
Maby take out my battery aslo, and test it at a garage close by.

regards John

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,180 Posts
YOU have checked all fuses, the 3 across the battery terminal, and the fuses in the underbonnet fuse box

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi ours2012

Ivé checked the 3 big copper ones at batteri + pole, i have put all out and spray it with WD-40 under the bonnet and inside under the steering....Also mesaure over them with multimeter-reader...No one broke and all seems okey.

Also taking every sensor-connector plugg apart under the bonnet and spray WD-40, and i haven´t find any corosion or bad connections.
And also all connetions-plugg (near the fuses and relays under the hood) the big, grey and all other pluggs and wirings.

And when i test the Van with genuine ELM 327 and EasyOBD 2.5.7 and also motordata app, Easy OBD show no error but Motordat diagnos say´s almost the same as Icarsoft CR MAX.

Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply Wire Electric blue

Light World Font Gadget Output device

Output device Font Computer monitor Display device Gadget

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been out at the Van again a little warmer with about 7-8 celsius.
Today with 2 paralell fulloaded connected batteries, i held over 12 Volt al time under the diagnostic.
(The garage have early fridag closing, so it was closed when i arrived)

Manage to erase the 7 error codes with genuine ELM 327 and program Motordata Client

Also scan with Icarsoft CR MAX afterwards and now no error´s exit

Computer Personal computer Output device Netbook Peripheral

Computer Output device Product Communication Device Gadget

Output device Communication Device Mobile device Computer Gadget

But the car have exactly the same problem!!!
Still permanent red and also that the glowplug-lamp ise´t even lights up at all

And still "starting" Prohibited and "Synchronisation" Not done.

Find OBD test on the Icarsoft CR MAX, and run the test

Communication Device Gadget Operating system Font Mobile device

Computer Mobile device Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget

Cant read everything, so don´t know if can buss is trubbeling !

But found this in the meny and this is maby interesting !
It say´s Line 1 and Line 4 have 99,9 Ohm´s resistence, and Line 2 and 3 have 2,3 and 3,56 ohm´s resistence and also ?
Is this correct values ?

Computer Communication Device Output device Gadget Mobile device

Best regards
John the Swede

·
Technical Supremo.
6,470 Posts
The start thing is as a result of the line that says "engine immobilizer active" on that one screenshot you posted..........also the reason for the solid red light on dash

Simple terms? .................... its not recognizing your key or it has forgotten how to.
Have you tried a spare key?

No use running any OBD tests - those are all emission-related and will not be relevant until the engine actually is running so don't get hung up on that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LvR

But it also say "Key code validated" YES
And "Key code registred" YES
On the same picture

So the Immobilizer recognize and authorize the key
( have also before put new 3 Volt batteries in both key, and also taped them together 180° no differance, also took a chanse bying new antenna ring around the ignition lock....NO differens! )

The Van is really cheap now, if someone knock on my door and ask.............So frustrated!
And have 200+ years old funiture from my ancestors in the hole van because im trying to save them for my children, and wood funiture don´t like this wheater at all.

Best regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And also notice that i can´t do any "Actuation test" for individual functions on the ECU/ECM, but can do it on the other like SRS, ABS and UCH ??

This indevidual components i can´t test.

Gadget Font Communication Device Display device Technology

Regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LvR
I have the ECU, UCH and the BSI/instrument cluster loose in the van but connected ( with an extra earth connected to the ECU)

Beginning to think how the synchronization is done in this Renault Master II.
Is it the BSI task assignment to sync the key+uch+ecu ?

Regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LvR

So sorry !
I have read you words again ( im sorry im not getting "the picture" at once, but english isen´t my home language, and my head are spinning)

The start thing is as a result of the line that says "engine immobilizer active" on that one screenshot you posted..........also the reason for the solid red light on dash

Simple terms? .................... its not recognizing your key or it has forgotten how to.
Have you tried a spare key?
So your saying the "engine immobilizer" shoulden´t be in "Active" mode? Aha !

In my mind i saw it as "on/working/included" because the line over say´s "Key code valideted" YES

In that case i was right in my suspicions from the begaining, and i spend almost 2-3 weeks on that suspicion.
Shifting car key fob batteries, taped them together, new "antenna-ring", and unscrewed the ECU, UCH and instrument cluster/BSI and have them at my kitchen table ( but coulden´t see any obviously inside the UCH and could not even open the ECU)

What do you rekomend me doing now ?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,180 Posts
Put your van back together
Check if you have power both sides on FUSE 1 in the passenger glove box ( UCH )

Now check if you have power going to the ECU on A1 pin at the ECU Plug

Dont bother diagnosing until you have checked for power here

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ours2012.

on FUSE 1 in the passenger glove box ( UCH )
I have a left-steering van (sweden) so fusebox is under the steering left side(down at knee), and the UCH sits also close beside the fusebox on my modell.

Is this the version you mean?

You mention passenger glove box, is the left-steering van´s the same?
So its something in or around my glovebox at right side?

Red big ring=UCH placement, small red ring fuse nr 1 ?

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Now check if you have power going to the ECU on A1 pin at the ECU Plug
Do you mean big blue socket under bonnet?
Best regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi guy´s

Been out at the Van and mesaure
All fuses under the steering have 12.7 Volt on both sides (exept the ones going to defrost etc) and No 2 from right is empty mark´d with red cross in paint,
Font Gadget Gas Machine Display device

Vending machine Gas Machine Shelving Soft drink

Have also mesaure the "little plug" that goes to ECU with igition on D1 and E4 have 12,7 Volt, and A3 have 2,6 volt and A4 have 2,43Volt.....(some real small 0.06 volt reading on some more)

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gauge Measuring instrument Tread

Also try to mesaure at the Impact switch but it was hard to do, so took of the contact and measure 12,7 volt on Green side and try to put a wire between (to test if something changes)

Automotive tire Gas Electrical wiring Auto part Cable

Akso mesaure the big fuses under the bonnet ( all 13 Volt both sides), but small 20 and 25 "normal fuses type" was nothing !....Is this right ? ( small fuses without volt marked red rings)

Electrical wiring Red Gas Cable Wood

Hope this info will tell you guy´s someting!

Best regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update !

Been out all day at the Van trying to do every edvice from you kind guy´s ours2012 and LvR.
Again i took the plastic cape of the 3 big contact mounted in the ECU, and mesaured 0 Volt at A1

The cable A1 look´s as i should but i anyway begain pulling it, and notice stange feeling about 6-7 cm from the contact.
So i use both hands on diffenrent side of the strange spot, and pulled apart !
The copper inside A1 was broken even if the sheld around was unharmed and looking as i shohuld!

Solder it together and was now mesaureing 2,5 Volt at A1 ( 0 volt before)

Electrical wiring Audio equipment Computer hardware Cable Wire
Electrical wiring Circuit component Hardware programmer Cable Gas

Feelt soooo happy a few minutes, and putting the things together just so i could diagnos-test the van and also try starting it.
Now suddenly i also can make "Actuation test" for individual functions on the ECU/ECM, and all passes.
I now aslo see " Starting" Authorised and "Engine Immobiliser" Inactive.

Disconnect the reader and try to start and alllooks perfekt.....glowplug light lit for a few secunds as red immo light, but goes out......Jiipppi i think.

And the van start for 1-2 secunds and immediately dies again!.

Was trying to start about 25 times ( thinking fuel-pressure bad), but no differnense...."it comes and goes"

Computer Communication Device Gadget Operating system Font

Computer Communication Device Gadget Personal computer Mobile device

Frezing like a dog, so have to go in agian, but will try more tomorrow.
And thank you so much for finding A1 problem ours2012

Any idea´s of what´s trubbles now, only start 1 secund and dies?

Best regards John

1 - 20 of 71 Posts