Independent Renault Forums banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi LvR and ours2012 and other´s

Yesterday night a clean everything and mount the new battery, ignition on for 2 minutes and then look the van and leave over night. ( don´t dear to test after 30 minutes, because i wont to try sleep with the "Hope" that it would start, and clock was 01 in the night snowing here in Sweden)

ours2012:
AT Pin a1 should have 12 volts when cranking
Don´t remember if i had the ignition "ON" or of, when mesauring 2,5 Volt at pin A1
Question:
Should A1 have 12 Volt on both ignition "On" and when cranking ,,,Or just when cranking?

Must have 2 people to mesaure the "Cranking volt", and im alone

got an Inertia switch fitted to the van somewhere by any chance?
Before you helped me find the broken A1 cable (Grey/black) i was trying to mesaure both cables from "Inertia switch", measure 12,7 volt on Green cable (one side) but hasen´t "follow" the other cable because i don´t know where it goes? ( To Big grey plugg or Blue plugg maby and to injector relay ??)

So i just put a wire between (to test if something changes) , and have pusch the Inertia switch button a 100 times.

LvR:
but still struggle to understand the ABS computer b1tching about low voltage.
I don´t understand that either, but when diagnostic tool find that error i could not do individual tests on ABS ecu.
(Was the same on ECU before i fix the A1 cable)
So maby more electrical (cable-errors happend "from the begaining" when all this problems started), and now when i have fix A1 cable ( and the current go further in the system) it find some more cable-problem ??

Doubtful solution on van´s battery-connections ( lookt like "homemade), the + pole pin is thinner than the hole in the conntact, and the + connection (BIG RED PLATE) doesen´t feel "perfect" !
And also the BIG RED PLATE is thick, so it "hit´s" the + batteripol, when screwing connetion down.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Cable Machine
Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Electrical wiring Auto part

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

So know im on my way out to the van and test if new battery did "the trick"

Hasta lá Vista.....I´l will be back!

Best regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
MERDE !!! (Swedish weather is the worst possible with -1 and high humidity)

Did a diagnostic today with new battery and no error codes found, ignition of and waited for 6 minutes and then try to start....
Exactly the same, engine starts up and die instantly ! Grrrrrrr

And when trying to get in to the "ABS" module from the Icarsoft CR MAX it 30-50% of the times say´s "LInk error", but next try goes fine connecting to the ABS module?.

Font Gadget Display device Flat panel display Screenshot

BUT CAN´T DO INDEVIDUAL TESTS ON THE ABS MODULE ( the same as the ECU module before finding broke cable at A1 )

Computer Personal computer Communication Device Output device Font
Gadget Computer Font Communication Device Display device

This is ABS module info in photo under, it reads 12,76 Volts to the module ( not always i get in to the module! )
Dosen´t know what "Speedo Index" 235 and "Pump Motor Controll" INACTIVE means ?....Maby right, maby wrong!

Aircraft Personal computer Output device Gadget Vehicle

And UCU module readings looks like this

Computer Communication Device Gadget Output device Flat panel display

Again i´m stuck !

Any sugestions guy´s ?

Best regards John

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,478 Posts
At least (if the reported computer voltage is to be believed) the new battery addressed THAT issue as we have been warning all along.

So ..................... we are again stuck on

Did a diagnostic today with new battery and no error codes found, ignition of and waited for 6 minutes and then try to start....

And when trying to get in to the "ABS" module from the Icarsoft CR MAX it 30-50% of the times say´s "LInk error", but next try goes fine connecting to the ABS module?.
and I again find myself wondering if the vehicle's computers are to blame or if the scanner is plain incompetent and spiteful.

Me? ................ I would want to try a proper Renault speaking scanner like CLIP before doing anything else

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
LvR.

I agre with you, but no one have a Clip diagnostic in my little mini-suburb, and a garage 60 km from me have it but they are fully booked 3 more week´s and tow the almost 4000 kg fully loaded van 60 km is going to be a "nightmare"

Also think that diagnostic tool not always (can see) if relay´s have correct power voltage, or if the ECU or UCH all functions "Sends out" the correct voltage/correct signals to "next" component ???....But im guessing her, because i don´t know how all system work´s.

My thoughts at the moment are first to find out:

Investigate if correct voltage is found at important places in the van, places like A1?, from the Inertia switch to "next" connection-point?, have i got voltage at injector relay?, at Injector-relay fuse? and so on,

Can you guy´s help me out where to measaure AFTER Inertia switch ?....Grey plugg+ , Blue plugg which stift ?
Don´t know which relay is Injector relay ?....And from where the Injector relay power come from ?

I posted a photo before, a photo showing relay´s and fuse under the bonnet.
One question was if the 2 fuses (marked in red ) should have voltage ? ( diden´t got an answer on that, so i try ask again)

Electrical wiring Red Gas Cable Wood

So can some of you guy´s tell me where to measaure after the Inertia switch to "next" connection-point?
And how and where i mesasaure if i have power on injector relay and Injector-relay fuse?

About 2-3 celsius here in Sweden today, so "better" weather to investigate in.

AND OURS2012 !

Can you please answer about " Should A1 have 12 Volt on both ignition "On" and when cranking ,,,Or just when cranking?

Best regards John

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,478 Posts
I have been trying to do as little as possible ito research the last few days because of our current electricity situation here ................. so sorry - more than what is stored in my brain and past personal experience I am not going to be able to contribute.

FWIW - The OBD port is generally not designed to fault-find "voltages" present on all lines as such - it is a higher level, tool that more often than not, assumes everything is electrically present and working and that allows the computers to speak to the scanner - any lower level faultfinding is usually left up to the mechanic/dealer so don't expect ANY scanner (including CLIP) to do that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just been out chasing away the polarbeer´s ;), trying to do some mesaurements.

This is the values on 2 first "lines" on Big Blue plugg under bonnet, with ignition "ON"
Value 0,02 Volt on first line "White" semm´s odd, and also value 0,78 volt on 2 line Green.
Enyone now´s the values ?

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

Best regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Also take a quick look again on the relay´s and fuses under the bonnet, ordenary 2 fuses (20 & 25 amp) have 12,8 volt on both sides.

Electrical wiring Red Gas Cable Wood

But does anyone know about the relay´s under the bonnet ?
2 small "Brown" relay´s at end looks the same, but 1 have 12,8 volt on 3 stift of 4, and the other one only12,8 volt at 1 stift..

Pink Material property Electronic device Technology Magenta

And witch relay is for the injector´s ??

Best regards John

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,184 Posts
Have you got a glow plug light on yet when ignition is on. this is where you need to start from
Glow plug relay is 257
Left hand side Codes, scroll down to 257.
Click it
Top line what looks like a bunch of wires, next to this is the picture of the plug plug
Click it you will see Preheat fuse, find where this goes
So remember the number - 3
you know its the thick wire because its 7mm
then next to that icon, is where the relay is fitted ( Relay number is 257 )

Just check for power when ignition is switched on at the thickest wire
BE careful here, it could just show voltage for second(s)
So get your voltmeter set up so you can see the screen from inside the cab
Now switch ignition on
Voltage = ok
No voltage keep tracing back
You know power goes from 777
and the fuse is fuse 1
So check power at Fuse 1

Top line where all the icons are , scroll along to the to the 1 just to the left of the question mark
Fuse box layout
Scroll down until you see 777

FROM here you will have to decide is 777 an A type fuse board, or 777 a B type fuse board, you can tell by looking at yours and comparing the pictures

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Have you got a glow plug light on yet when ignition is on. this is where you need to start from
Hi ours2012

Yes i now since A1 cable was fixed, have a glow light and also a red light that goes out after a secund (y)

Will check out Glow plug relay (257 ´) and read the rest you wrote carefully...

Thank you so much ours 2012....i really need some "push forward", like this

Best regards John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Founded a schematic a few weeks ago, but don´t know if it is "exactly the same X70", and im not so good at reading schmatics either but i try.

But so far i know that all fuses ( in van and under bonnet and 3 BIG fuse at +battery-pol) have 12 volt both sides.

I have 13 Volt at ECU D1 from injector relay 983 pin 2.
983 (injector relay) pin 5 splits and go to both 20 amp and 25 amp fuse under bonnet, both have 12,8 volt both sides (normal size fuse at 597)
Pin 1 at injector relay 983 comes from the Inertia switch , and reading from Inertia switch it goes to Grey plugg (107) in colur BJ ????, and from Grey plugg to Black plugg (R34) in colur SA ?????, and from Black plugg (R34) in colur VE ???? to Fuelrelay (983)
Wirecolure Bj, SA and VE !!!!.....What colur is that France cable wires ??? ( i must know that to trubleshoot this)

MORE ON ECU

SMALL PLUGG
Have 2,5 volt at A1 ???
H1, H4, G4 have earth ( here i belive also H3 should have earth and my (mabe not correct)sheme shows that! )
D1 have 13 Volt
E4 have 12,7 Volt
A3 have 2,45 Volt ( Can L )
A4 have 2,64 Volt ( Can H )

Brown big plugg at ECU

D1 and D2 have 13 Volt
B4 have 0,33 Volt
Haven´t mesaure Earth here !

Black big plugg at ECU

H2 have 12,5 Volt
i 2 have 13 Volt
Haven´t mesaure Earth here !

Now i also think i must try to figure out if injectors have voltage from ECU.
But don´t know if it´s the BIG Black socket or the BIG Brown socket at the ECU, because letter "M" and "L" exist on both?

Injector 1 should come from L1 and M1
Injector 2 should come from L4 and M4
Injector 3 should come from L3 and M3
Injector 4 should come from L2 and M2

OURS2012 and LvR and all forum:

Do you belive also H3 should have earth ?
And you say that A1 should have 12 Volt before, but mine is only 2,5 Volt, how should i trubleshoot that ?
Is injector letter´s L and M from big brown or big Black socket at the ECU

And is R12 relay ( 983 ) this in the Red ring at photo ?

Electrical wiring Material property Bag Trunk Cable

Trying hard here in coold Sweden.
And any sugestion´s are much appreciated, no matter how small.

Best regards John

·
37,184 Posts
I could not work out what engine is in the van, what have you got it as

I was going on the 750 . ( Is that right , was using other software as well to try and narrow it down )
Renault have never used correct colour coding for wires.
whoever is the cheapest gets the job of making the loom, numbers either on the wires or the plugs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Renault have never used correct colour coding for wires.
whoever is the cheapest gets the job of making the loom, numbers either on the wires or the plugs
HAHAHAHAHA.....Is it so ?.....The Chinese got the job then ;)

My Van is G9U/650 OURS 2012 Don´t know the last letters after G9U650 but think them are the same (just different extra things ).......I Have AC, Speedcontrol, Timed Webasto heater

Been out agian the Swedish temperature outside suddenly went from +5 celsius to -2 in 45 minutes!!!!....Insane!
So had to go inside with frozen finger´s....And IF I had whiskey at home right now, I would empty the bottle....Fuc.ing van !....Fuc,ing weather !.....Fuc.ing sun is only up for a few hour´s 20 cm up from the horizont!

Mesaure all of the injectors ( 193, 194, 195 and 196 ) and all have about 0,5 Volt, raising up to from between 1,5 V to 4,26 V (a millisecund when the van starts up a half secund) but it goes so fast so no stabile reading exept the 0,5 Volt with or without ignition on.

Measuring instrument Gas Auto part Font Gauge

Carabiner Motor vehicle Rock-climbing equipment Automotive tire Electrical wiring

Also mesaure the glowplugg again and it´s 11 Volt.

The van is cheep again ;)

Best regards John

ARGggggggggg

·
37,184 Posts
Can you check D1 on the plug that goes to the ECU, see if this is 12 volts
If it is, can you then remove Fuse 1 in interior fuse box and see if this (D1) line goes dead

( Vis 8322)

·
37,184 Posts
(Wiring diagram I'm using, 8322(
If D1 does not connect to Fuse F1 can try another disc...

Does your scanner reveal what ECU is fitted

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Okey understand!...think wiring diagram say´s N.T 8323 on the one i found before, but it also say´s --->09/10/2006 ( don´t know if it means until 09-10-2006 or FROM 09-10-2006 ? .....Mine van is 2008 )

The ECU fitted is Bosch 0281 013 636 ( i had it before on my kitchen table, and the scanner say´s the same )

Best regards John

·
37,184 Posts
From 9 10 06
No real way of knowing what disc you need without clip connected, as with wiring faults, clip opens pages in Dialogys, and Dialogys tells you what disc to put in I have 11 discs, for the master and they go up to production date 2008/12/08 .so its process of elimination, but its easier to start with Injection computer ( 120)

Reactions: Jawen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Ours 2012:

Minus 3 celsius here in Sweden now, and will be cold at least 6-7 more day´s the rapport say´s
Have now measaure the D1
With the igition "OF" it reads 0 Volt, and with ignition "ON" it redas 12,3 Volt.

Took FUSE 1 out and STILL 12,3 Volt at stift D1 at ECU!

Photo at FUSE 1
(is it the correct fuse ?, because don´t see any number´s )

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Best regards John

·
37,184 Posts
When you open wiring diagram, see the ? , next to this is the Fuse table, scroll down it you will see positions of fuses
Fuse 1 is at the bottom left on your picture , should be a 5amp

41 - 60 of 71 Posts